Chapter 22: Quality Sanchez Time

"Beers?" Liam texts Javier after dropping Sloane off.

          "My place. Come on over," the text reads. 

          Liam makes his way to Javier's place, pulling up a few minutes later. He walks through the front door, it already unlocked.

          "How'd it go?" Javier asks, tossing a beer to Liam as he walks in the living room. A six-pack in front of him.

          "Yeah she's not leaving him, but she wants to continue to sleep with me," Liam sits down.

          "And you said?"

          "I told her I liked her. I don't want to share her. I told her about Stacey."

          "And what did she say?" Javier nods.

          "She didn't really say anything. She just asked why I told her. I told her I liked her. You were right buddy, should have listened to you."

          "You're a moron," he laughs.

          "Yeah, I know that now. I'll go back to sleeping with everybody. You know she's the only girl I've slept with."

          "And you could of have continued to screw her if your pride didn't get in the damn way."

          "Well shit she still wants to," Liam laughs. "She said the sex was great. Twice."

          "And you just turned her down," Javier rolls his eyes.

          "I didn't really say anything. She'll be back bro," Liam says looking at the TV.

          "Why would she come back? You didn't say anything to her."

           "It's whatever bro. I'm about ready to be a dad."

          "How is mama crazy?"

          "She called me when I was at the bar. She asked why I wasn't there at her house. I told her I didn't want to be with her. That I was only going to take care of the kid and I didn't want to be with her. You know what she said?"

          "Hmm?" Javier asks, opening another beer and hands Liam another one.

          "She called me a horrible person and that she's getting my money and I'm never going to see my kid because I don't want to be with her."

           "I'm telling you, man. Go for full custody."

          "She's crazy."

          "So get your kid."

          "Well, I got to wait till he or she is here," Liam laughs.

          "And what are you going to do about twenty-one?"

          "I have no idea," Liam shrugs.

          "Free sex anytime with a hot chick? You're an idiot," he laughs.

          "I'm gonna be a dad in a few months. It's time for me to grow up."

          "If you say so."