Chapter 53: Shopping Trip

Liam pulls up to his sister's house, taking her shopping with him for more baby essentials. He lays his hand on the horn, his sister and her two little ones trailing behind her. They get in the truck, Danielle climbing into the passenger seat.

          "Liam, she looks just like you," Danielle smiles, looking back at the little girl.

          "I know, scary right?" he laughs, pulling out of his sister's driveway.

          "Uncle Liam?" Gracie asks.

          Liam looks up in the rearview mirror at his niece. "Yes?"

          "Who's my aunt?"

           He looks over at Danielle, not knowing what to say or how to answer. The kids never having met or even know about Sloane, let alone Natasha.

           "Gracie, sometimes mommies and daddies don't stay together. Uncle Liam has Mackenzie because her mommy couldn't take care of her like Uncle Liam takes care of you," Danielle says.

          "Thank you," Liam mouths to his sister.

          "Oh okay," Gracie smiles.

          "Because you know Uncle Liam takes good care of you."

          They pull up to the store about ten minutes later and getting out and walking inside.

          "Uncle Liam," Gracie tugs on his hand.

          "Yeah?"

          "Can I play with her?"

          "How about when we get back to the house? Is that okay?" Liam asks, holding his niece's hand with one hand and carrying Mackenzie's carrier.

          "Can I pick out her clothes?" his niece asks.

          "Yeah sure," he winks.

          "Do you have anything?" Danielle asks.

          "Well if you don't mind, I'd like to keep your crib so that means you can't have any more kids," Liam winks at his sister.

          "Mhm," she smiles, shaking her head.

          "But I've picked up some toys here and there. I guess you just put anything in my cart that you think I need."

          "No. You have to figure out what you need. You're a dad and need to figure out what you need to take care of her. Go get stuff you think you'll need and I'll look at it before you check out," Danielle smirks.

          "Fine," Liam laughs.