Chapter 64: Hospital Visit

Opening his eyes, the dizziness, and confusion overtaking him. Liam sees flowers, yellowish walls and different monitors to the right of him. He looks down. His right wrist in a cast, left leg in a cast, an abundance of scratches, and stitched up gashes along his arms, legs — a couple of big ones on his face. Liam instinctively goes for the breathing mask, trying to pry it off.

           "Hey hey," Danielle gets up and sits next to him. "Stop."

          "Where's Mackenzie?" he asks panicking.

          "She's in surgery. The driver hit your side and pushed you guys against that big pillar on Maple Street. Her side was pushed against the corner. Your truck was almost split in half."

          Liam swallows hard.

          "Liam, I'm so sorry."

          "Hey," Javier walks in as Danielle walks out.

          "Hey," Liam says quietly.

          "You need anything?"

          "Yeah, for my daughter to be okay. Do you know anything?" Liam asks, his voice raspy.

          "No. Danielle is out there trying to intimidate something from them," Javier grins.

          "That doesn't surprise me. I don't know what I would do if I lose her man."

           "You want me to call anyone?"

          "No. You and Danielle are here. That's it," Liam closes his eyes.

          "How are you feeling Liam?" the nurse walks in, checking on him.

          "How's my daughter?" he asks, ignoring her question.

          "I haven't heard anything. I'll let you know as soon as I hear something. I promise. Would you like something to get some rest?"

          "No, I'm fine."

          "Maybe just a little," she smiles noticing Liam try to fight sleep as she puts a needle into his IV and injects some medicine to help him fall asleep.

          Waking up about two hours later, Liam sees Danielle and Javier. "Where's Mackenzie?" he asks.

           The pair look at him.

          "Where is she?" he asks again, clenching his jaw. "Danielle," his voice breaking a little.

          "Sweetie I'm sorry," a tear rolling down her cheek.

          "Danielle where is she?"

          "In the NICU. They don't know if she's going to make it. She was tossed around and had a lot of internal damage," swallowing hard and watching her brother. "Liam."

          "Do they know who hit us?"

          "No. They are trying to find footage and someone who saw anything."

          Liam loses it, Danielle wrapping her arms around her little brother, letting him cry.