Chapter 13: Poker & Chocolate

Liam and many of his workers over for poker night at Javier's house, a lot of talk going around. They are all drinking, having a good time. Liam winning well.

          "Dude, where were you last night? We went to the club without you," Javier smiles, the rest of the table looking at him.

          "Don't worry about it..." Liam laughs, sliding the chips over.

          "What do you mean don't worry about it? You haven't missed a Friday in years."

           "You guys know that gala thing that went on last night?"

          All the guys' nods, putting their bets in and waiting for Liam to continue.

          "Yeah, the security guy snuck me in," Liam laughs.

           "What the hell for?" one of the guys laughs.

          Javier begins to laugh, knowing exactly why. "You had sex with the girl from the club again didn't you?"

          "Hey, we talked," Liam smiles, "and then yes we did it."

          "Hooked up with the same girl twice. She must have something about her," Javier grins.

          "I don't know bro. I mean she is drop dead gorgeous. You guys saw her."

          "Her ass is gold," one guy laughs.

          "Nah, you see her boobs?" another one laughs. "She good in bed?"

          "I don't kiss and tell boys but yeah," Liam laughs.

          "You gonna share her?"

          "I mean technically I already am," Liam smirks.

          "Well then let us have some."

           "I'm talking about her frat boyfriend."

          "You aren't going to win over the suit," Javier shrugs.

          "Why do you say that? Did you tell the rest of the guys how she played you the other night?" Liam smirks.

          "Screw you," Javier laughs. "You get her number?"

          "Nope," shaking his head smirking.

          "So what makes you think you're going to see her again?"

         "I have a feeling I will," Liam shrugs. "Oh, did I tell you that her boyfriend uh tried to belittle me at the gala? He's lucky I didn't knock his teeth out," Liam smirks.

          "He's rich. He'd press charges. She's just slumming it with you."

          "Her dad owns that building that just paid you, son of a bitches, $30,000 each," Liam smiles.

          "Exactly," one guy says that has always kind of had a rift with Liam. "That's why she's slumming it with you."

         "Since when do you talk?" Liam laughs.

         "Since all of them don't know shit about you."

         "What are you talking about?"

          "Oh I'm sure you know," he grins.

          "You wanna elaborate there Kyle?" Liam asks. The guys watching the exchange.

          "Jeff Pearson," Kyle says, looking dead in Liam's eyes. The name of Liam's father.

          "Don't," Liam says, shaking his head. The expression changes on his face.

          "Right," he smirks. "They don't know," Kyle laughs grabbing his money and getting up to leave.

         "Do you want a job tomorrow?" Liam yells.

          "Screw you," he yells back, walking out of the house.

          Swallowing hard, Liam rubs his chin as the whole table it silent.

           "I like her," one of the new guys pipes up after a few seconds. "She's pretty."

          Liam can't help but laugh, "Yeah she is pretty," patting his back and squeezing his shoulder.

          "Just don't expect anything okay?" Javier warns.

          "What do you mean?" Liam asks, looking at his cards.

          "She's her, and you're you. You know what I mean."

          After eating dinner with some friends, Sloane makes it home, changing into some sweats and a zip-up hoodie. She looks up as Hope walks in the room with two bowls of chocolate ice cream.

          "So I heard Eric kinda laid into your little hookup man?" She asks, sitting down on Sloane's bed.

           Sloane takes the bowl and leans against the headboard. "He's not my hookup man," she laughs. "And yeah a little bit."

          "What all did he say to him?"

          "This and that," Sloane shrugs. "That he doesn't belong at the gala. You know everything that Eric would say to anyone who doesn't have as much money as him."

          "How did hookup handle it?"

          "Liam...Liam handled it fine. Very, mature actually."

         "Wait, how did Liam," she enunciates on his name, "even get in?"

          "He said he knew security."

          "Hmm," Hope smiles. "I also heard you ditched Eric. Does this have anything to do with Liam?"

         "Obviously," Sloane laughs.

          "Where did you guys disappear to?"

          "Just drove around."

          "And let me guess how it ends?" Hope smirks.

          "Very well, multiple times."

          "Why are you still sleeping with him when you're dating Eric?"

          "I don't know," Sloane sighs. "Last night was the last time. I don't have his number or anything, and that's it. I'm with Eric. I know."

          "So, you're telling me next time you see this guy you aren't going to sleep with him?" Hope asks curiously.

          "Trust me. Our paths won't cross. We have two different lives."

           "Okay whatever you say," Hope smiles, grabbing Sloane's bowl and hers before walking out.