Chapter 26: Telling Liam

A lot of things on his mind, Liam pulls into his driveway. All thoughts pushed to the back of his mind as he sees a woman sitting on his front porch.

          "Well my wish came true," Liam smiles, smiles out his house key.

          "Hey," Sloane greets, standing up.

           Liam unlocks the door, the pair walking in. He shuts the door, sliding his hands on Sloane's sides and turning her around to face him. Sliding his hands to her lower back, pulling her against him, he leans down and kisses her deeply.

         "Aren't you supposed to be working?" Liam asks.

         "Yes," she smiles, sliding her hands under his shirt.

          Liam looks down, reaching for her arm that's underneath his shirt. He sees the huge diamond ring on her finger as he nods and walks away to the kitchen, not saying anything.

          "I came to tell you," Sloane says, following him to the kitchen.

          "Looks like you had a pretty good night," Liam says coldly, pouring food in Gunner's bowl.

          "Wasn't the greatest."

         "What?"

          "What," she says back.

          "You can't tell me you're considering it."

          "Marrying him? Why wouldn't I?"

          Liam laughs. "I'm sorry Sloane, but at this point, you have a decision to make."

         "Excuse me?"

           "I can't keep doing this if you're going to marry that asshole. Do you not remember him trying to get me in serious trouble? Making those false allegations because for once in his life he has competition for you."

          Sloane leans against the doorframe again.

          "And then to put the icing on the cake, that crazy bitch that came in here and told me I was a dad was two hours late for her appointment today. She was high when she got there, and she doesn't give two shits."

           Sloane walks towards Liam, wrapping her arms around him and not caring that he is chewing her out right now. Silence. She runs her fingers up and down his back softly, not saying anything. She feels Liam's arms wrap around her, pressing his lips to the top of her head. His phone begins to ring in his back pocket, Sloane reaching around and pulling it out of his pocket.

          "Hey sis," he answers.

          "How was the appointment?" she asks as Sloane slides her fingers up and down his spine.

         "She's insane. Once the baby is born, I'm fighting for full custody."

          That statement surprising Danielle as he's never showed interest in having kids on his own. Sloane leans up on her tiptoes, tugging his shirt down a bit and kissing and biting at his collarbone.

         "Hey um can we talk about this later by chance? I'm kind of in the middle of something..."

          "Yes," Danielle laughs. "Goodnight Liam."

          Liam hangs up with his sister, leaning down and kissing Sloane deeply. He lifts her effortlessly and carries her over to the couch—laying her down. Climbing on top of her, he leans down and kisses over her neck just as Gunner trots over and attacks Sloane's face with kisses.

          Sloane laughs, turning her head back to Gunner and grabbing the dog's head, kissing his nose. "There, happy?"

          Liam smiles, watching his pup give Sloane one last lick before walking off only to return a few seconds later with his tug-a-war rope. Liam kissing her.

          "Gunner..." Sloane groans in Liam's mouth. "Go lay down."

          "We can go upstairs, and I can shut the door so he can't get in."

          "Whatever you want..." Sloane says, sliding her hands in his shirt and up his abs.

          "Or we can have an audience," Liam winks.

          "I don't care," she smiles, leaning up and kissing him deeper, Liam taking his time to strip Sloane of everything she's wearing.

          "I have one condition?" Liam says, pulling off his shirt.

          "Hmm?"

          "Please take that off," he nods to the ring.

          She takes it off, setting it on the coffee table.

          "Thank you," as he kisses her once more pressing his body against hers.