Chapter 52: Meeting Hope

Moving in the bed, hearing Mackenzie through the monitor she gets up, knowing Liam's been up throughout the night with her. She sees the clock, 5:37 displayed in red on the screen.

          "Hi sweetheart," Sloane smiles, lifting her up. Mackenzie snuggles into Sloane as she carries her into the living room, sitting down. Sloane runs her fingers down the little girl's cheek and across her head, dark hair and Liam's eyes. Lifting her and carrying Mackenzie into the kitchen and putting her in the highchair, Mackenzie immediately playing with the toy Sloane puts in front of her. Sloane makes the little girl a bottle and handing it to her as she holds it and drinks it easily. Sloane watches her, the little girl the spitting image of Liam.

           About twenty minutes later, pouring herself a cup of coffee she hears Liam walk down the hallway and into the kitchen.

          "Good morning girls," Liam walks in, kissing Sloane on the cheek and walking to the cabinet.

          "Morning."

          "When did you get her up?"

          "Maybe half an hour ago?"

          "You could have woken me up," Liam smiles, pouring himself a cup of coffee.

          "It's alright. You were up with her a lot of the night," Sloane says, leaning her head in her hand and shutting her eyes.

          "You can go back to sleep. I got it from here."

          "I'm not tired, just not feeling well."

           "Think you're getting sick?"

          "Maybe. There's a bug going around work."

          "You need anything?"

          "Nah, I'm fine," Sloane smiles as Mackenzie giggles.

          "What's so funny?" Liam smiles at his daughter as she giggles, even more, when Liam gets closer. Mackenzie giggling louder, trying to hide her face. Liam kisses her head before sitting down, reaching over and feeling Sloane's forehead. "You're not warm."

          "I'm sure I'll be fine. Probably just school stress."

          "Well I'm taking that chance," Liam smirks, kissing her softly on the lips. "What are you doing today?"

          "I have to work later, before that nothing."

          "Maybe you should stay home and call off."

          "I can't. I'm covering for someone."

          "Okay," Liam kisses her forehead.

          A few hours pass, Hope texting Sloane. "Lunch before you go to work? I feel like we haven't actually seen each other in weeks."

          "Sure. 12 at Nico's?" Sloane texts back, Mackenzie napping and Liam outside mowing. She grabs her stuff, heading out to Liam. "Hey I'm going to meet Hope before work," she informs Liam, kissing him sweetly.

           "Did you bring," Liam starts to say as she hands him the baby monitor, "yes you did," he laughs.

           "I'll see you later," she smiles, heading out. About fifteen minutes later, Sloane pulls up and walks inside seeing Hope. Both girls hug and then sitting down.

          "So? How have you been?" Hope asks.

           "Good, but I think I'm catching the bug from work. How was your date last night?"

          "It was good, um," Hope says, holding out her hand. Sloane sees the big engagement ring.

          "Shut up, no way! That's awesome Hope. Congratulations!"

           "Thank you. How are you and your man?" Hope smirks.

          "Fine," Sloane sighs. "He got Mackenzie, so she's number one in his life right now," she smiles.

           "Really? That's awesome. I'm glad he finally got her. The mom is crazy."

          "She really was," Sloane nods. "He'll be great with her."

          "How are you and Liam?"

           "We're fine I guess."

          "Well, what's been going on? When are you moving in?"

          "Seriously?" Sloane laughs. "We've been together like, four months."

          "Eh, I beg to differ. You're now saying you're together. You guys were practically together while you were still with Eric," Hope laughs.

          "That is not true," Sloane shakes her head as the waiter brings their food. She looks at it, instantly not hungry anymore.

          "Are you okay?" Hope asks.

           "Mhm just a bug," Sloane nods, taking another drink of her water. 

          "Maybe you're pregnant," Hope jokes.

          "Right," Sloane laughs. "Don't be silly."