Chapter 8: Threatend

Early the next morning, Sloane meets her dad for breakfast, walking to her dad's floor. The same level under construction.

         "You okay Sloane?" her dad asks. "You seem distracted."

          "Mhm fine, just have finals next week. A little bit stressed."

          "You sure? You and Eric okay?"

          "Yes, daddy we're fine."

          "Good. I like the kid."

           "I know you do."

          "I can't believe they are almost done with the floor. The boys are definitely worth the money," her dad smiles.

          "Yeah," Sloane looks over. "They definitely are," Sloane watching Liam in particular, the muscles rippling in his arms.

          "Sir," Eric walks up, drawing Sloane's attention back to her dad.

          "Eric," Sloane's dad nods. "I have to get back to work, but I'll see you guys soon," kissing his daughter's cheek and walking away.

          "Are we still on for dinner tonight?" Sloane asks, leaning into him.

          "Of course. Eight sharp."

          "Eight Eric," she says, tugging on his tie, knowing he's always late.

          "I'll be there don't worry," he smiles, kissing her a few more times and heading out.

          Sloane and Liam making brief eye contact as Liam winks at her. Smirking, Sloane walks down the hall and turns the corner—out of sight.

           "Going quickly. Not cutting corners I hope," Sloane's father says to Liam.

          "No, sir. We'll be done by the end of next week."

          "Can I have a word with you?"

           "Of course," Liam nods, taking his gloves off and following the burly man. They get out of earshot.

          "If I catch you looking at my daughter again, you're done, and I'll make sure you never work again in this town. You said the beginning of this week you'd be finished, but you aren't. So, I'm not paying the full amount."

          "Sir, we had a set back because we had to change the design and get more materials."

          "You didn't have to change the design. You wanted to, and that's on you. I'm only paying you two-thirds of what we agreed on," Sloane's father says.

          "Sir, that doesn't even cover my expenses to get the materials. I'll make no profit. And your assistant brought me the blueprints saying you wanted to change it, so we did," Liam says calmly.

           "Maybe if you were busier working and not staring at my little girl you would get the work done."

         "You can't threaten me, sir," Liam smiles.

          "Be done by the end of the week, two-thirds the money. Stay away from my daughter or you will never," he steps closer, "ever work in this town again."

          Liam watches him, the older man walking past and out. Closing his eyes, Liam then walks back out.

          "Get back to work," Liam says, the boys knowing something is up. "We need to be done by the end of the week."

          "Dude," Javier begins, knowing it's two more weeks of work.

          "Go!" Liam yells.