Chapter 3: Boyfriend Reminder

Liam wakes up, seeing the empty spot beside him, smiling. He gets up and showers before heading to work. The moment he shows up, his friends are grinning, Liam supposed to be at work at eight that morning.

          "The barely legal tire the old man out?" one of the guys calls out from the second story frame.

          "Get back to work Javier," Liam laughs, pulling his hard hat on and walking over to the blueprints shaking his head. Luckily, the few hickeys that are on his chest can't be seen by the naked eye.

          "Five hours later bro? Must have been good," one of his friend's smirks.

          "Let's just say it's the best sex I've had in a while," Liam smirks.

          "From the birthday girl?"

          "You know I told you her name," Liam laughs.

           "Since when do you learn their names?"

          "That is true," Liam smiles, patting the man's shoulder and going back to work.

          After class, Sloane and Hope go to a coffee shop to do some studying. The girls get a booth, both having books spread out, coffee cups, and two muffins. Sloane leans her head on her hand, her glasses on as she looks through her book.

          "You alright?" Hope asks.

          "I didn't get his number," Sloane blurts out, laughing softly. "What does it matter? Eric and I are fine."

          "You're stressing because you didn't get his number? It was just a hookup. Oh god, the sex must have been good," Hope smiles.

          "It was amazing," Sloane smiles, her cheeks turning pink. "It doesn't matter. Eric and I are fine. We will be happy," she smiles, she and Eric have been going out since she started college two years ago.

          Before Hope says anything, both girls see Eric walk into the shop and walking to the counter and ordering a coffee. Eric turns and sees Sloane.

           "Hey," he smiles. "How are you?"

          "I'm good," she smiles, scooting so he can sit down. "How are you?"  

          "I'm good. I'm sorry about the other night. I hope I didn't ruin your birthday."

          "No," she kisses him softly. "It was fine. We just went to a club then came home."

          "Well, like I said I'm so sorry," Eric smiles. "I'd love to make it up to you?"

          "Sounds great," Sloane smiles, resting her hand on his cheek.

          "I'll text you okay? But I got to get going," Eric says, kissing her cheek.

         He gets up and heads out.