Chapter 50: Proper Introduction

The next couple of weeks have passed as Sloane is at work, Liam meeting with Sloane's father by himself about his case. Meeting with him makes Liam plain nervous. He pulls up in front of the building and gets out, taking a deep breath. He walks in, seeing the secretary.

          "Hi, may I help you?" she smiles.

          "Yeah, I'm here to see Mitch Hawkins?"

          "Oh alright, I'll let him know you're here," she smiles, getting on the phone.

          "Come in," Liam hears Mitch call, walking through the door. "Liam. How are you? How's my little girl?" Mitch asks, looking through files and not even looking up at him.

           "I'm good, nervous but good. Sloane's good."

          "Why are you worried?" he laughs. "Relax kid."

           "Because we haven't exactly been on good terms ever," Liam says.

           Mitch smirks before looking at Liam with a straight face. "Well work is work and I don't let my personal life or my daughters interfere with my work," handing him a folder. "Sign those. Bring them to CPS and you can get your little girl while you're there."

          "Wait, what?" Liam asks, taking the folder. "It's that easy? No court?"

          "Why go to court and waste my time, your time and money and everyone's time?"

          "I know that sir and yeah that's a good point. So, I'm getting my daughter?" Liam smiles.

           "Whenever you go to CPS and get her. Her name is Mackenzie."

           "Thank you so much," Liam smiles, signing the papers and shutting the folder.

         "You can go now," Mitch waves Liam out.

           "Uh yeah thanks," Liam smirks, walking out and calling Sloane as soon as he's in his car. "She's mine."

            "That's great. Do you have everything? A crib, changing table, toys, car seat, clothes?"

          "Danielle said I could borrow some stuff till I get my own."

          "That's great Liam. I'm happy for you."

           "You coming over after work?"

           "Mhm. I'm done at nine."

          "Okay, I love you," Liam says without thinking. "Have a good day at work," he hangs up.

          He pulls up to the CPS building and walks into the building.

          "Hi what can we do for you?" the secretary smiles.

          "Hi, I'm Liam Pearson. I'm here to pick up Mackenzie McMillian?" sliding the folder over to her.

          Liam watches the lady look through it before picking up the receiver and talking to someone. A few minutes later, Liam sees the same lady that was at the hospital when Mackenzie was born.

          "Hi Liam, nice to see you again," she smiles, shaking his hand.

           "Hi, nice to see you again too."

          "I'm glad we are. Come with me," she motions to Liam, leading him down a few corridors and into a room. "Liam, meet Mackenzie. Your little girl."

          Liam's heart instantly melting as the little girl giggles and coos and kicks her legs, wiggling her arms as she reaches out to Liam. Mackenzie opening and shutting her hands and smiling her gummy baby grin, the little girl about six months old now. He walks over, tears forming in his eyes as he picks the little girl up out of the chair. Mackenzie looks at Liam and then giggles, putting her hands on his cheeks and squishing Liam's face around as her legs kick while Liam holds her.

          "Her bag is in the corner," the lady nods. "Everything is all set. Take as much time as you need."

          "Thank you. I do have a question though?"

          "Yes?"

           "Is there anyway Natasha will be able to get her back?"

         "The only thing she'd be able to fight for is visitation and joint custody."

          "She can have visitation, but there is no way in hell she's getting joint custody," Liam says firmly.

          "That's a long way down the road. Enjoy being a dad," Cindi walks out.

           "Are you ready to go home baby?" Liam asks the little girl, Mackenzie giggling and squeezing his cheeks.