Thirty-Seven: And Our Worst Nightmares Come True

Start from the beginning

He jolted up out of bed and started examining me.

"Are you okay? You didn't get hurt did you? Oh my god what about the baby? Is the baby fine? Is it-"

"Jake we're both fine. Lucas made sure of that. He's still in the operating room getting all the shards out of his back."

"Oh thank god!" He sighed in relief, engulfing me into a hug.

I wrapped my arms around him and snuggled into him.

Shortly after I tried pushing Jake back into bed but he wouldn't budge.

"Jake you need to lie back down."

"I'm fine." He assured me. "I can already feel it starting to heal. It should be completely healed in a couple hours."

"You better be okay."

"I promise you I'm fine."

"Okay." I muttered, shivering in the process.

Jake noticed me shivering which is when he finally realized that I was wearing shorts.

"You came here in that?" He asked, annoyed.

"You and Lucas were both unconscious on the living room floor, what'd you expect me to do, go change while I was waiting for the ambulance to arrive? Hell no! I stayed downstairs to make sure you didn't bleed to death."

"You still could've-"

"Be happy I at least grabbed a jacket." I cut him off.

"Would be even happier if you had pants on." He grumbled.

"And I would be happier if we weren't stuck in this hospital."

"Then let's go home." He said in a "duh" tone.

"Our home currently has no windows in the living room."

"I meant to the pack house."

"Shut up and put your pants on." I said, taking the bag of clothes he was wearing when he came in here off the stand and shoved it into his arms.

"How about you wear the pants so you're not cold anymore." He suggested, throwing his pants at me.

"Then what are you gonna wear dummy?" I asked, throwing them back at him.

"I'll mind-link Jared to bring me some clothes." He threw the pants at me again.

"Well tell him to bring me pants cause I want some that'll actually fit." I threw them back.

"Well maybe," he said pulling me towards him. "I want you to wear my pants."

"Oh really? And whys that?" I smirked.

"Cause then you'll smell like me."

"Oh I already smell like you. I hung around you and now your scent of wet dog is on me forever." I teased.

"I do not smell like wet dog!" He defended.

"It's okay hopefully you won't one day." I giggled.

"I never did." He scowled.

"Aww it's okay. I still love you."

"You're so mean to me." He pouted.

"Does that mean you don't want me to kiss you since you know I'm just soooo mean?"

He grumbled some stuff underneath his breath before pulling me into a kiss.

I wrapped my arms around his neck as he wrapped his around my waist.