When I came back to the door, Johnny was still there waiting for me with a smile on his face. He held his arm out like he always did, and I smiled and took it gladly. He then lead me down the hall, as if we were dancing.

 I began to giggle and blush uncontrollably. Why do I act like such a child around him? Why is he the only one who brings this feeling to me? I laughed to myself. God only knows.  

     Johnny opened the door to the cafeteria for me, and I froze in place. The large room was filled with men and woman in different uniforms for their jobs around the Stronghold. All conversation stopped as Johnny pushed me on through the brown double doors. They swung behind us as all faces stared at me, and silence was everywhere to be found. I slowly looked around at every single eye in the room, watching me intensively. If a pin dropped, I'm sure everyone in the room would have blocked their ears.

  Then someone slowly began to clap. After a few more people joined, the applause quickened. Soon the whole room was a buzz of clapping hands, like an avalanche burying the silence. I looked around in bewilderment, my mouth ajar. Shouts of joy emitted out of the crowd, smiles wide and bright. One person stood. The rest of the room followed. They rejoiced- for me.

  I looked over my shoulder to Johnny. He smiled brightly at me, walked around me, then gestured his arm down the aisle. I grinned. Suddenly an odd feeling came over me, and I did what has always been natural to me.

  I wooed the crowd.

  I waltzed down the aisle, posture straight, smile wide, arm up in the air and waving. The people went nuts, clapping and shouting louder. I said hello to those near me, like some president at a rally. I spun around and waved more and more, the people responding with more applause and cheers. I smiled at the feeling inside me, and I couldn't help it.  

 As I continued, Johnny came up behind me and grabbed my hand softly, then whispered into my ear. "Show-boat, much?" He said and laughed.

  I laughed back and lightly elbowed him, "Jealous, much?"

  "Nahhh," He said. "Because if I was you, I wouln't have you."

  "Awwww, but wait, who said you had me?" I said and before he responded I added, "Rule number 10- chase me!" And I took off down the aisle.  

 I quickly walked away between the tables, looked over my shoulder and winked at him. He grinned and followed me. Then with one last wave and a smile to the ecstatic crowd, I came to my table, which faced the rest of the lunch room. Owen was on the far end, with Doc next to him with his wife- Elizabeth. Then there was two empty seats. Johnny came and passed me, then went around the table to my chair and pulled it out for me to sit.

  Coming around the table, I laughed and said: "You know I can pull out my own chair." However I quickly sat down and he patted my shoulders.

  "You know no matter how many times you say it, I'll still be a gentleman?" He said then sat next to me. I rolled my eyes, but I didn't want him to stop. I enjoyed his classic and traditional ways. Nobody has those at home.

   "Wow, Ella," Doc said. "You sure know how to work a crowd."

  I nodded. "Thank you, sir."

  "She gets it from the best."

  I looked to Elizabeth, who was buttering her toast. What does she mean by that?

  "It's nice to see you again, Elizabeth!" I said and leaned over to hug her. I hadn't seen her in a while because she was setting up the new Boston Stronghold. She invited me with her, but I refused. I didn't want to go anywhere near my old home. As I embraced her, I could feel her thin, old arms around me with her joyful and young spirit.