Author's Note :D

First I'd like to thank my dear friend careforbooks. You have no idea what you have done for me and and this book. If it wasn't for you, I would have never stayed on this site. Nor would I have posted this book. And it was YOU who convinced me to enter it into the Watty Awards, and so more people have come and read this book, and hopefully they have come to know God better. I know one has. Who? Me! And it's all because of you! Now don't you DARE deny it, because you know it's true! You are a beautiful young woman of God and He is going to do great things through you!! I am so proud of you!

Alright guys, here we go!

I can not believe that I actually did it! When I entered this book into the Watty Awards, I was very doubtful if I could finish it in time for Wednesday. But by the power of God and motivation from my friends and fans, I did it!

I really hope this book has blessed you in some way. I don't only write because I enjoy it, I write to reach people. Writing is my pulpit and I hope I can reach you guys through it. One of my dream in life is to bring at least one person to Jesus Christ through my writing. And I know the only way to do that is to be completely reliant on God. Not just in my talents and in my weaknesses, but also in every single thing I do. That way, nothing can go wrong!

A very wise friend of mine once said to me, "You are going downstairs, and you are going to sign up for the Artist Festival here at the church, ." But what he also meant to say was, "Get over yourself, and get to work for God!"

You see, I had been very hesitant to sign up for that fistival. Mom nagged me about it for awhile when she saw it in the bulletin, and every day something that only related to it remotely (say, a paint brush or a guitar) would remind me about it. And for those of you who don't know, that's when God saying: "Hey! I gave you a gift! Here's an opportunity to use it! Now, GO!!"

But of course, the devil likes to get in our way. He sends us the spirit of fear, who tells us we are "Not good enough." "You are not prepared enough." or the famous " You don't have any talent!" The spirit of fear told me those lies for 15 years. I never thought I could sing or write. But one day God sent my friend to slap me upside the head and open my eyes to see that I really am talented. Because the truth is everyone has a talent, one way or another. And God want you to use it. The devil does not. Are you going to let the devil win?

Well I was. The "you're not good enough" lie was all that kept me from signing that paper. Until one day, God my good friend that I mentioned before to put his foot down and throw me out of my comfort zone.

Reluctantly, I guess you could say, this wasn't the last time. In fact, it happened, I believe, four times before and five more times after that. This morning was on of those times, because I was put on stage to sing for the whole church this morning, and I was so nervous I forgot to breathe! (dyaphramically and normally)

But the point is, even though I said "No God, I can't do it, maybe next year," God still found a way to get me out there, even if it meant having loved ones forcing me (well honestly, I could have said no, but I couldn't. God sent me people I couldn't say no to, and for a reason) to take the next step. They threw me over the chasm, and when I reached the other side I realized it was only a crack in the  sidewalk.

Why am I telling you this? Because, I know at least one of you is scared to take the next step in following God. Just remember this: 1) If something has been constantly nagging you for the past few days, months, maybe even years, it means God wants you to do it. 2) If you say no to God, it's a sin. And 3) God's going to get His way, no matter what you do. Take the next step with God. Sure, you may not have to save the Christians of the world by fighting your own father, but what ever God is calling you to do, it's going to make a difference, one way or another. And you may not believe that it is a big difference, but that one small act will lead to another and another and before you know it, you are responsible for 10,000 people coming to Christ. (And I am not exaggerating on that one.)

And remember, our time is short. Jesus is returning for His bride very soon. And how do we know this? Notice the weird weather going on lately? More hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, and Tsunamis then ever before? If you read chapter 24 of Matthew you will find all the signs of Jesus's return. And verse 7 states:

" Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places."

I don't know if you have noticed, but not only is there some freaky weather already going on, but America has been at war for 10 years now, and I believe there are more wars out there, correct? The Bible also says in verse 9:

"Then you will be handed over and persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me."

Events that have happened in this book really could happen. Christians are already being prosecuted and the message of Christ is illegal in many countries. So remember, be strong in your faith! I hope to show you in my next book, The Light, what I mean. Not only should we be rooting our faith in God, but we also need to reach out to others who don't know Christ or need encouragement. Read Acts to see how Jesus's disciples acted after Jesus returned to Heaven. That is how we are to be.

Now, don't think you need to go off to other countries to make a difference to spread the gospel. If you are a high school student, you are on one of the biggest and most needy mission field in the world, six hours a day, five days a week. Your school! You can save souls for Jesus right were you are, and the best person to reach other teens is a teen! You could become a campus missionary (Message me for a link), like I have, and/or start a Bible group, like I am also trying to do. With God by our side, we can reach the people around us and for the better!

When my friends left for Africa, I questioned God for awhile asking why I wasn't the one being sent there when I have wanted to my entire life! But then God opened my eyes and showed me this: God has put me where I am for a reason!  My small little town of 4,000 needs me! And where ever you are, God has put you there and for a good reason! Never forget that!

If you need more advise, want to know more ways to reach the world around you, need a link, or just simply want to chat- message me. I'd LOVE to hear from you!

Thank you so much for all your love, prayer and support! I could not have done it without you!

I love you all!

God bless!!

I will be praying for all of you!

Your sister in Christ,

~Lillian

<3