The Rebellion (Part Three)

****************

Hey everyone!

I must stress that everything I write is FICTION. But, yes, the Lord is coming again soon! Comment any questions you may have. I'd love to answer them :)

"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me and He has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners." Luke 4:18

"I only fear that I don't have enough time left

To tell the world that there's no time left."

~I'm Sorry

By Group One Crew

***************

On the other side of the camp, Owen started yelling.  

 "Helloooooo?!?!?!" He shook the gate in front of the main building. His soldiers stood their awkwardly as he unleashed his annoying and rude teenager side. "You'd think they would put some guards out here."  

 Suddenly, something shot from the wall beside him and then stood in front of his face. It was connected to a long white, metal cord that lead to it's home in the bricks. There, a voice emitted from the white box in the stone.

  "Who are you and what do you want?" Came an aggravated and impatient voice. Good, Owen thought.  

 "I am a representative sent from the Rebellion. I have come to have a peace-meeting with The Change."   Silence. Then a sigh.

   "Just wait a minute." He said. "Who sends teenagers?" The man asked himself under his breath. Owen couldn't help but chuckle.

      I pulled the gun out from my right hip and aimed it at the four men playing cards at the table. Less then twenty feet away were people crammed and watching from their barred cells, their clothes ripped and dirty and their faces full of misery. A tear almost came to my eyes as I saw men, women, and children stuffed into a small jail cells meant for two people. The inhumanity.

  I pulled the trigger.   A small dart flew across the room and into one guard's neck. I re-aimed and shot again three times. Soon all four heads where on the card table.

   "Go!" I whisper-yelled and my troops followed across the room. As I got closer to the cells, they spread out behind me.  

 I stopped a foot from a cell door. They all look scared, yet hopeful at the same time.  

 "Who are you?" came a small, high pitched voice. I looked down and behind the bars was a young girl with black hair. She stood in the cell, which looked so full that they couldn't sit down. She looked at me with curiosity and fear, but I could tell because she spoke to me that she was a brave one.

  I smiled at her. "My name is Ezrela Ariel." I reached for the lock, while taking my lock-pick out of my belt and used it to search the hole. "And Jesus sent me to rescue you."  As I fiddled with the lock, the Spirit urged me to speak more. He gave me a verse to speak, and I smiled as I listened.   "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me and He has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners." The lock make a click noise. I smiled and slid open the door for His people.  

    "Alright, each of you take ten people, bring them to the runway, then come back for more." I said to my troops. "God bless you all."  

 Soldiers started taking grouped and leading them to the exit. Three other soldiers and I stayed to watch the rest. I observed eagerly, my eyes wide and bulging both from pressure and nerves, as groups of Christian passed by me, searching for any familiar face. This is the largest group of prisoners the Change has- surely SOMEONE from my church had to be here!

  I was pulled from my thoughts by a tug on my black cargo pants. I looked down to find a red-headed little boy glaring up at me with sparkly blue eyes.  

"Miss Ella," He asked, "Did you kill those men?"   I squatted down to reach the six-year-old's eye level. I just love the little ones, they are always the ones to ask the questions but still trust you.

"No, they are in a deep sleep."  

"So, your gun puts people to sleep?" An eight-year-old blonde girl asked.

  "That one, yes. It's called a tranquilizer-dart gun. I have a few other guns that do other things."   More men came back and lead people to safety. There was still probably more then 4,000 left. I kept my eyes open for any sign of my church family.  

 "Will we have enough time?" One soldier, Derek, asked me. He was about 25 and had blazing red hair.   I looked at Derek and smiled.

"Don't worry. I know the Change and he is very paranoid. Owen is setting up a meeting with him, and the Change probably thinks it's an ambush. We got time."    

   Owen was lead to a building across the camp. Dozens of the Change's troops surrounded him as he was sat at the meeting table. Owen was trying to negotiate a trade for the prisoners we already were setting free.

  "There is only one thing you have that I want." The Change said with his odd accent after two hours of getting no where. We already had half the people out by then.

  "Oh, really?" Owen raised an eye brow. "And what is that?"  

 The Change's hazel eyes sparkled.

"Her."

*****

Like it? Hope so!

Don't forget to comment and vote so I can be nominated! Tell me what you think so far!

I want to improve my writing, so please comment tips and suggestions below!

 Thanks for reading and all the support! 

Please pray for this book- I want to see what God can do through it!

God bless!!

And remember- NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, DO NOT GIVE UP HOPE IN GOD, FOR IT WILL ALL BE WORTH IT IN THE END!!!!!!! <3

-Lillian <3

*****