The Rebellion (Part One)

***************************

I must stress that everything I write is FICTION. But, yes, the Lord is coming again soon! Comment any questions you may have. I'd love to answer them :)

"But he who stands firm to the end will be saved." Matthew 24:13

***************************

I ran.

My light pack of necessities was all ready, and the second I saw the news it was on my back and I was out the door. I did two important things: put in color-changing contacts and worked on my accent. From then on, until I could find a safe home (if I could), I was known as Lucy Stone as my fake ID said.

I have to get out of New England, NOW!

Once at the airport, I bought four tickets; to California, Alaska, Florida, and Michigan. I gave three tickets out and hoped on the plane to Detroit. The Change knew I liked warm weather.

And who was paying for all this- may you ask?

The Change.

How?

But we'll get to that later.

Detroit is where he found me. The rain felt like a layer of blistering ice over my skin. The night seemed extra dark- but then again so were the days. You could only see when lightning stuck from Heaven- so quick and fast, gone in an instant, but so bright blue, that if you see one, it is etched into your mind forever.

I laid in an ally between two apartment buildings on the 'ghetto' side of town. My shelter was wooden boxes around me, but they didn't do their job well.

Then he jogged by. He would tell me later he stopped because he heard me whispering in my sleep.

"Please," He heard, my accent thick. "Help me, please..."

A flash of lightning struck, allowing him to see me, shivering on the cold, dirty concrete in my little fort.

He approached cautiously, observing me twitch and mumble in my nightmare, which I remember was close to reality. My hands were pressed together, my fingers tightly intertwined and help up to my lips, whispering fast and I shook.

Lightning struck in response to my plea. He stepped closer.

I jolted up and the boxes flew in all directions. Entirely awake from my sleep, I began to kick and punch. But I was more of a screamer than a fighter. It wasn't long until his hands took control of my wild arms and he pinned me to the brink wall.

"I'm not going to hurt you!" He yelled over the thunder, trying to battle the lightning.

"Yeah, right." I protested, squirming. I've heard those words before, but only as lies.

"By Jesus!' He exclaimed, the thunder shaking the ground, trying to block him out, but I still heard him. "I won't hurt you!"

I froze.

The new law also included that if anyone spoke the name Jesus, someone would turn you in and you would be terminated. Then your betrayer, your Brutus, would become an over-night millionaire. It was just that easy.

But anyone who spoke the name was a true believer.

I let him carry me out of the rain, too sore to walk.

He brought me to the Stronghold, where I was fed and clothed. I met Doc, who felt God telling him to pull me aside and explain everything. So he brought me into the parlor, and we sat by the fire-place as he told me every word God put on his heart to say to me.

The Stronghold is the fortress to the Rebellion- a secret, fully-Christian organization and militia formed to bring down The Change. Doc was the founder and the leader. The two blond boys, who he considers his own, are orphans found on a church step when they were eight and seven, now seventeen and sixteen.

The Rebellion currently had 3,000 troops in the U.S., more world wide. And every day God was leading more people to them, just like me.

And I am the Next Elijah.

But you see, that last part of information didn't come until later.

"Anything else, m'lady?" Doc asked after he finished explaining. I swallowed sweet, warm tea and let it defrost my whole body.

"Yeah," I said with full seriousness as I looked into the old man's eyes.

"I'm in."

Then God opened his eyes to show him my Spirit.

Doc would tell me later that he had a vision of me with my hair aflame, my open palms holding tongues of fire, and before me was a wet, burning alter.

Doc smiled. He knew.

********************

Like it? Hope so!

Don't forget to comment and vote so I can be nominated! Tell me what you think so far!

I want to improve my writing, so please comment tips and suggestions below!

Thanks for all the support!

I love you all!

God bless!!

And remember- NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, DO NOT GIVE UP HOPE IN GOD, FOR IT WILL ALL BE WORTH IT IN THE END!!!!!!! <3

~Lillian

<3

*********************