Chapter 27: Life dosen't always turn out as planned

Start from the beginning

Katniss opens the front door and Willow runs out to Haymitch's house. She knows that the door is always unlooked nowadays, for Willow's sake, so that she can run in to him whenever she wants.

When we arrive to the house, Willow comes running out with Haymitch behind her.

We don't stop walking and they join us and we're heading to the hospital.

"So why did you want to have an unltrasound now? You're eight months pregnant and will give birth in about three weeks", Daniel says.

We have the same doctor and midwife, we had when Katniss was pregnant with Willow. I don't understand how we could be so lucky to get them again.

"I know, but I had this dream last week and I dreamed that I was going to have a son, but you said that I would gonna have a daughter, so I want to know what the ultrasound says", Katniss ays.

Some people would might think that Katniss and I are crazy, but not Daniel and Mendal. They actually don't.

Mendal pour out that blue cream on Katniss belly.

"Ow ow ow ow OW OW", Katniss screams.

My heart skipps a beat and I get nervous. Then we see that the paper under her on the bed gets all wet. Her water broke.

"She goes into labor", Daniel shouts and runs out of the room.

Oh my god! What?!

"Mama?" Willow asks anxiously

"Haymitch take Willow out of here", I shout.

Haymitchs starts to lead Willow out but she's resisting.

"No. No Mama's gonna die!" She yells while crying and Haymitch carries her up.

I hear him mumble soothing words to her.

It rushes in several nurses and a doctor. They throw me an apron and starts rolling out Katniss bed and runs out of the room while I run after them.

"Peeta!" Katniss shouts with a tearful voice. "Peeta!"

We continue to run while Katniss lie in the bed looking for me.

I push forward through the nurses and push them aside so I end up next to Katniss.

I take her hand and holds it tightly.

"I'm here Katniss", I say. "I'm here and I'm never leaving you".

We're going into a delivery room and everything is going so fast and soon Katniss must begin to push.

"Okay Katniss, now it's time, you have to start pushing so you'll soo get to meet your little daughter", the doctor says.

"OW", she screams. "No I can't".

"Yeah baby, you can, you're strong baby, you can do it", I say.

Katniss begins to push. I can see how much pain she is in. I just want to take all that pain and transfer it to me. But I know I can, so for now I just have to support her and help her as much as I can.

Two hours pass and I notice that Katniss is about to give up.

"No, don't give up baby, don't give up, she'll be here soon", I tell her.

"Peeta I can't", she says weakly and my heart breaks, but I can't show her that.

"Katniss one more push", the doctor tells her and I can see that Katniss takes in everything she has into this final push.

And then we hear the scream of an baby. They cut the umbilical cord and runs off with our daughter from the room.

"No... where are they taking our daughter?" Katniss asks with a weak and husky voice.

"She's three weeks early Katniss, they have to make sure that she's healty before you guys meets her", Mendal says and starts to fix Katniss.

An hour passes and now Katniss lies weak in the bed while I'm sitting on a chair next to her.

And then the door opens.

Mendal brings in a bundle. He looks at us and burst out in a loud laugh.

"You where right", he says and give Katniss the bundle.

She gasps.

I look at our baby and gasps too.

I'm looking down at mine and Katniss son.

"But ... you said that it would be another girl", I say, looking at Mendal.

"Yeah, and it actually is a girl on the ultrasound image", he says and frowns but as a big smile on his face.

"But how can this be a boy than?" Katniss asking.

Mendal shrugs.

"I don't know, no one does, and every doctor in the hospital will study this case, for now I can only say that you have something really magnificent there, you guys", he says, still smiling big.

I look at Katniss and my son. Our son. We have a son. Now we have a daughter and a son. I see Katniss eyes in our son, he has exactly her eyes.

"He has your eyes baby", I say smiling.

"You get to choose his name, babe, I chose Willow's, now it's your turn", she says while tears of joy flows down from her eyes when she looks at me.

"Rye", I say and think of all the bread I've ever baked in my life, many with rye in it. "Rye Haymitch Gale Mellark".

"Rye", Katniss whispers with a smile. "Yeah I like it, it makes me think of your good bread".

I laugh. Oh my Katniss.

"Hey Rye", she whispers to our son and kisses him on the forehead.

She looks at me and Ikiss her. Long and lovingly.

Then I stroke a finger over Ryes little hand and he grabs my finger.

I start to cry even more when he squeezes my finger for the very first time.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Sooo what did you think? I thought... hm.. I don't know, but it dosen't really matter, because what matters is what you guys though.

So pleas leave a comment below and vote please :)

-Josephine xx