Chapter 2: Walk Of...Not Shame?

They pull into the driveway about two minutes later and walk into the house. Liam's one-year-old Golden retriever puppy runs to greet them.

          "Who is this handsome guy?" Sloane asks, kneeling and scratching behind his ears.

          "Great, he's gonna steal my thunder," Liam smirks. "That is Gunner."

          "Hi Gunner," she smiles kissing his nose. The little puppy licks her, sending a line of slobber across her cheek. "You are the sweetest," rubbing his sides.

          "Go lay down buddy," Liam commands as Gunner walks to the living room and jumps up on the couch and lies down.

          "Well behaved," Sloane says watching Gunner.

          "Yeah, he is. You want something to drink?"

          "No, I'm fine thanks."

          "So how does it feel turning twenty-one?"

          "Very adult," she laughs.

          Liam smiles, leaning down and kissing her softly, sliding his hand on her neck.

           Sloane wakes up the next morning. She looks over at Liam as they're both sprawled across his bed. She smiles to herself, getting up quietly and getting all her stuff, carrying her shoes as she walks downstairs and out, calling a cab once outside.

          She gets back to campus, Sloane a senior at the University of Miami. She gets back to her apartment that's next to the campus, sharing it with her best friend as she looks at her from the couch. Her friend squeals.

          "Shut up Hope," Sloan laughs, kicking off her heels. She walks down the hall and grabs a towel from the closet. Hope following her into the bathroom.

          "So, how was it?"

          Sloane looks over at her. Curls matted, hickeys across her neck and collarbone. "It was fine, fine," Sloane says smiling. Her phone begins to ring, her ex-boyfriend Eric calling. Sloane groans and tosses it on the counter.

          "Um, I think it was more than just fine. Did you see that guy that you went home with?"

          "Yes," she laughs, taking a few of the bobby pins out of her hair. "Yes I saw him. I saw a lot of him."

          Hope smiles. Sloane pushing her out of the bathroom playfully shutting the bathroom door.

          "I'm gonna take that as a yes!" Hope yells from behind the door.

          Sloane smiles hearing her friend, running her fingers across scratches and bite marks and hickeys across her body. She then climbs into the shower.