Chapter 1: Turning Heads

Meeting some friends at the club, Liam pulls up and walks to the bouncer shaking his hand, the pair good friends.

          "Does the action look good tonight?" Liam asks.

          "Got a little party in there," he grins. "Five or six of them."

          "Oh nice," Liam smiles. "Younger? Older?"

          "Younger. Barely able to get in."  

          "Just became legal huh? I'll catch you later bud," Liam winks, walking in.

          He makes his way to the bar, checking out the girl leaning against the bar top in a tight black dress. He sidles up beside her and leans against the bar himself.

          "Yo Trav," Liam yells, at the bartender who's another good friend. "Get me a drink."

           "Hey, hey," the girl beside him calls out. "Dammit!" stomping her foot in frustration. "Hey! I need twelve shots of tequila!" she yells a little louder.

          "Travis, get the girl some tequila shots," Liam yells. Travis nods, making the shots after getting Liam a beer.

          "Thank you," she smiles brightly.

          "You're welcome," he returns. "Liam," he greets, holding out his hand.

          "Sloane," she replies, putting her small hand in his. Her hands and arms covered in a bit of glitter, her nails manicured perfectly.

          "Nice to meet you Sloane," Liam smiles. The bartender comes down with her shots.

          "You too," Sloane says, stepping back from the bar. She gets back to the booth, her hips swaying perfectly, every guy's eyes on it--especially Liam's. 

          "Damn," Liam mumbles, leaning against the bar as she walks away.

          "Damn is right," Travis laughs behind the bar.

          Liam shakes his hand and walks over to his group of buddies that just walked in. He walks by the table with the younger girls not even noticing. The rest of Liam's friends get a drink before sitting down at a table. Liam looks around, his eyes catching Sloane's as she smiles a little sucking on a lemon. Her lips still around it. Her eyes never leave his as she does it until her friend hits her arm. Sloane looks over at her.

          "Six group of girls to the left," Liam informs his buddies.

          Of course, all guys begin to call dibs. "I got the short one in the black dress," his friend to the right of him says.

          "I don't think so, that one is mine," Liam laughs. "You can have the one in the red dress that looks like her boobs are about to pop out any minute."

          "Damn," he groans. "Why do you get her? Look at her ass."

          "Because I've already met her," Liam winks. "Her name is Sloane."

          "Whatever," his buddy gets up and walks over to the group of girls, asking her to dance.

          Liam gets up and walks to the booth as he slides into the seat next to Sloane. "Having a good time?" 

          "Mhm," Sloane nods, pulling the straw out of her mouth and licking the droplet off her bottom lip. "A very good time."

          "So what's the occasion?" Liam asks, taking a sip of his beer.

          "My birthday."

          "Oh alright. How old if you don't mind me asking?"

          "Twenty-one," Sloane smiles.

          "Well Happy Birthday. I'm gonna buy you a drink. What do you like?" finishing his beer.

          "I'm fine," putting her hand on his arm. "I think I'm at my limit."

          "Oh come on one more drink isn't going to kill you?" Liam smiles.

          "Fine. One more."

          "What's your poison?" Liam asks, standing up.

          "Surprise me," she smiles, standing up and walking with her.

          "Hey Trav," he shouts at the bartender as they walk up. "I need a Sex On the Beach for the beautiful lady and a Bud Light for me."

          "Sex on the Beach huh?"

          "Hey I get to pick," he winks.

          "I did say that," Sloane smiles. "Liam you said, right?"

          "Yes ma'am." 

          "So what brings you here tonight?"

          "Just hanging out, blowing off some stress from the work week."

          "Tough job?" Sloane asks, taking the beer from Liam and taking a sip.

          "I'm a contractor. I own my own construction company."

           "Sounds very stressful."

           "It can be," Liam laughs as Travis brings her drink.

          "So where's your girlfriend?"

           "Where's your boyfriend?" Liam smirks.

          "Broke up with him two days ago."

          "His loss," taking another sip of his beer. "Another man's gain."

          "Right?" Sloane smiles. She looks around for her friends. "Where did they all get too?"

          "You wanna dance?" Liam asks, setting his beer down on the bar top.

          "Sure," Sloane smiles.

          Taking her hand, he interlaces their fingers before making their way to the dance floor along with the both of their friends. They begin to dance. Liam slides his hands on her hips, Sloane's back pressed against his chest. Liam's lips brushing over her neck and shoulder lightly. They dance for a couple more songs.

          "Can I buy you another drink?" Liam asks.

          "I'm still fine," running her fingertips lightly up his arm.

          "Alright how about water? And I'll drink beer," Liam winks.

          "Or maybe we could find somewhere quiet?" Sloane asks, running her fingers down his chest.

          "I live about four blocks from here," Liam informs.

           "Perfect," Sloane smiles. She walks back to the booth to grab her purse, Liam following behind her. He walks by one of his friends, high-fiving him along the way. Both Sloane and Liam leave as they are outside, her heels clicking along the pavement. Liam pulls his keys out of his pocket and walking to his blacked-out mustang GT.

          "You drove four blocks?" Sloane smirks.

          "Well I wasn't planning on going straight home after leaving here," Liam smirks as they both get in the car.