Poofless - A Rose for the Beautiful Darling?

The sound of chimes are heard throughout the small florist shop. The noise signals the owner who was holding a delicate bouquet of carnations. He sets down the bouquet on the counter to see the couple stride in. The female half of the couple was short and had a bit of a strut when she walked. Her hair was brown at the roots and faded into blonde by the tips. Her eyes had a similar shade to the brown in her hair.

Now the man that she had with her, damn. He had fluffy chocolate brown hair styled in a quiff. His eyes were the same stunning shade that fill his eyes. He had more of a casual walk and was about the owners height.

The couple walked in holding hands and began wandering around the store. The owner, however, stayed at the counter and watched them moved about the store.

The female had her eyes set on a bouquet but the male was not set on him buying.

Disappointed the female began to drag the male out of the store. As they passed by the owner, he held out a beautiful white rose and said,

"How about a rose for the beautiful darling?"

Both heads turned at that comment. The man looked confused while the woman looked offended.

"Um, excuse me? I have a boyfriend and he standing right next to me and neither of us like that comment towards me." she said staring down the owner, while popping a hip.

The owner stayed in the same position and calmly said,

"Madam, I wasn't speaking to you. I was speaking to the handsome man, who unfortunately has to call you his girlfriend."

The woman's jaw opened in disgust and let out a groan on disgust at the man. She immediately turned herself and marched her high held chin out of the store.

The man however, had looked very shy as he extended his hand towards the single white rose. The owner handed it over and sent him a quirky smile.

The 'boyfriend' said an almost silent thank you as he reached for his wallet.

"Nah, you don't have to pay. It's on the house."

The man smiled and began to mutter another thank you but instead stopped when the door was thrown open.

His girlfriend stepped inside and almost screamed at him,

"PRESTON STOP TALKING TO THAT GAY PIECE OF SHIT AND BUY ME ICE CREAM."

Preston rolled his eyes and smiled at the owner before walking towards the fuming woman in the doorway.

The owner waved and Preston waved back, whilst the girl flipped the owner off.

As the couple walked out, Preston noticed a piece of paper attached to the rose's stem.

He opened it to see a small number written on it along with Rob x.

Its short but I am trying to write more so here you go.