Perome/ Jeston - Dancing Away With My Heart

Whatever the goddamn ship name is for Preston and Jerome. 

Song is Dancing Away With My Heart and Mentions Downtown. Both by Lady Antebellum

Preston's POV

I strolled around the large house party for my senior year. It was the last thing here at my high school before summer began and college followed. I was trying to find my friend Lachlan but I think he disappeared somewhere in the crowd. I soon walked in the one room left or one of the rooms off completely party people. Fun.

I thought I saw Lachlan, I mean a tall blonde is kind of easy to pick out in a crowd but it wasn't him. As I turned around to continue, I hit something. Thankfully neither of us fell but, I of course muttered an apology.

"Yo, why are you apologizing? I was the one to come this way."

"I mean I kind of turned around and hit you."

"No you didn't. Aren't you Preston Arsement, the wrestling god?"

"Aren't you Jerome, the baseball god?"

"Touche."

I just smiled and he did too. I had noticed Jerome around the school but unfortunately I never had any classes with him.

"What are you doing in here anyway? Didn't think you were the intense partying type."

"I am not. But my friend is. I can't find him."

"Who?" Jerome asked as people began to fill the dance floor, grinding on their partners. Jerome grabbed my arm and dragged me near the wall as I answered.

"Lachlan Power."

"Oh yeah. Right now he is fucking my buddy Vik."

"Oh my god really?!?"

"Why are you happy?"

"The term I ship it explains a lot."

He just smiled and laughed a little at that comment. He looked at me and soon realized I had no drink on me.

"You without a drink? Come on we can go get you one."

"Nah, not a big drinker."

"Who said it would be alcohol?" he asked and again grabbed my wrist and dragged me off and through the crowds of people. I just let him drag me around the house, since it looked like he knew his way around. As we passed one of the bedroom, the unmistakable sound of someone yelling the name of Lachlan was heard so I couldn't help but laughing at that. 

I looked forward to see Jerome steal a glance at me from over his shoulder. He just smiled and laughed at me before turning back and dragging me along.

It was only a moment of eye contact but it was different. But just as my mind began to figure out way, we were already in the kitchen of the place. 

Thankfully no one was in it so Jerome went straight to the fridge as I jumped up on the counter of the kitchen. Jerome who popped his head out of the fridge and asked

"Spring Grove?"   (oh my god side note. Spring Grove is a pop brand near where I live. Comes in bottle)

"Do they have root beer ones?" I asked as he looked over at me before grabbing something from inside. He strut over and jumped on the counter with me before grabbing something in his pocket. It was a tool to open bottles, so he used it and handed the drink to me.

"Thank you good sir."

"You're welcome young peasant?"

"Peasant?" asked looking him in the eyes with my eyes raised.