The Pack and Friends - The Performance

Third Person POV

Vikk

Lachlan

Preston

Rob

Jerome

Mitch

Mat

Brandon

Kenny

Choco

The drama team.

10 boys performing their acting skills for their school. And they are the 10 best boys you will find for miles. And they know it. Every year since 5th grade they have got together and planned a performance for their school at the end of the year. It was now 10th grade and the boys were completely stumped on what performance they should do.

A few were thrown out but all were brutally shot down. So they left it up to the experts. Mrs. Brier. Their director.

Mrs. Brier was very good at about everything they would need. Makeup, costumes, sometimes lights if Kenny and Choco had problems with microphones. But she never failed to help. So when they needed help, they got in their cars and drove to her small condo and waited for her to answer the door.

All of the guys stood out side the small blue house, waiting for Mrs. Brier to open the door. 

They all knew Mr. Brier so when he answered the door, they kindly greeted him as he welcomed them in. They began taking off their shoes
(Because Mrs. B had a horrible OCD with shoes in the house)
as Mr. B went to go get Mrs. B. The boys knew she was probably doing something related to seeing or production because that is her life. She has been doing productions since she was 12 and now at 51, she helps in anyway possible. As Mrs. B came upstairs, so dod their small dog, Iris. Iris was always there at practices and in one play was even a part of it.

The boys always joke that they will do Wizard of Oz, just so Iris can be Todo.

Mrs. B brought the boys to their front room and sat them down so the boys could ask her opinion. It was Mitch that first said,

"Mrs. B we have been discussing for hours and we do not know what play to do."

Jerome added after, "Anything that we come up with is shot down."

"Can you help us with some ideas?" Vikk asked the dear old lady.

" I heard of a new play going around for all guys." she said quietly and calmly.

"Really? For all guys?" Lachlan asked her

"Mainly one or two boys have to be a woman for a little while but other than that, all the main part are males."

"What is it?" Jerome asked.

"A modern day Romeo and Juliet, where Juliet is now Julien."

"A gay Romeo and Juliet mainly?" Mitch asked

"Yes if that is what you would like to call it yes."

"Why is there women then?" Pete asked

"Because the queens have to be women for the gay relationship to be forbidden."

"Oh. I get it, okay." Pete said laying back on the couch. You may think Pete should be wondering about what part he would get but Brandon was always the woman in the plays. Not matter what.

What Brandon didn't realize was that that meant he would need to be married to another boy. Maybe even the boy named Mathew. 

"So what are we all going to play?" Vikk questioned from the chair he was sitting in.

"Most of you will have two parts, but we will need Mr and Lady Capulet, Mr and Lady Montague, Mercutio, Tybalt and Romeo and Juliet. All others will be extras."

"So have you thought about who is who Mrs. B?" Preston inquired.

"I have given it little thought but I can tell you some things. But the rest is for you to figure out on your own."

"Okay Mrs. B. Thank you for the help." Robert said getting up preparing to back to Lachlan's house, or the 'studio.'

"But there is one catch." The wise woman said, turning the boys head back to her.

"What's the catch?" Kenny asked as he was the closest to her.

"Romeo and Julien, have to kiss."

And that keep the boys in their standing position, shocked and already praying for it to not be them. Oh but Mrs. B already had plans for the special two which were to be announced at the first practice.

Or tomorrow.

And so the next day as the boys arrived at school you could tell that they were all on edge, waiting anxiously watching the time tick down. Lunch came and the boys were pretty silent thinking that they could be the one who has to kiss another. And that really shook people to their core.

So the boys eat their cheeseburgers in silence.

And four classes came after that. Some boys had classes together, but they really never talked. They were too scared.

The boys heard the final bell ring though out the halls and walked over to their lockers. They thankfully had no homework today, then all they would have was to begin there parts. Slowly but surely, each boys made his way into the auditorium, found a seat, and patiently waited for the worst to happen.

Mrs. B made sure to be a minute or two late, just to keep the boys on their toes. So when she walked through the doors, all of their eyes flew to her.

A mixture of overwhelming and terrifying feelings and worries filled all of the boys eyes. Except Choco and Kenny. They knew that they would be tech, lights, and mics so they weren't so scared as the rest. 

But it was the boys who acted who were on edge and internally screaming. Let's just say that they didn't take stress and anxiety well. 

She walked to the stage and stood in center stage with her iPad. She used the special iPad for all lights and mics, so she turned on the one main light and focused that to her, adding to the already dramatic scene playing out.

"Alright boys. Sorry for the wait, but I have your parts. For the roles of Lord and Lady Capulet, I will have Preston and Rob.

For Lord and Lady Montague, Mat and Brandon.

Mercutio will be Jerome. Tybalt is Mitch.

Romeo and Juliet. All others will be extras

Kenny I will have you in the last scene as Paris.

And finally Romeo and Julien, I have as Vikk and Lachlan."

The room was filled with awkwardness and it was suffocating the boys. Choco and Kenny were happy, and Kenny was pumped that we would get a nice part.

Preston and Rob were happy, they just hid their anxiety about being married to the other.

Brandon and Mat were stealing glances laughing how they were married while scared if they would have to do some actually loving things.

Jerome and Mitch were pumped because they get to fight. And that is what they love to do. Stage fight.

Then theirs Vikk and Lachlan. Vikk had if head in his hands and Lachlan was completely zoned out of this world.

"Oh and I have rounded out some extras. I may have bribed a few, but never the less. Welcome to Romeo and Julien."

She said with a slight smirk. This was going to be fun.