Vikklan{2} - Can't Help Falling in Love

Vik's POV

I gave my car keys to the police man there, telling him I was a witness and it needed to get to the hospital before jogging and getting in the ambulance and sitting next to Lachlan before they closed the doors and drove off.

I situated myself and grabbed on to one of the side bars. The truck roared as it started and run off. 

"Um, Ms. Courtney?"

"Yes, Mr. Power?"

"How is the other person doing? I didn't really hear what happened with them."

"The other passenger had a heart attack at the wheel and went unconscious. He hit the gas and rammed into the back your van."

"Is he okay?"

"He is still unconscious but should be alright. all of you were very lucky in that crash."

Courtney said and began to look through some of Audrey's vitals. Lachlan just reached over and grabbed her small hand. 

"Are both of you fathers of this girl?"

"Oh no no." I quickly stated.

"No he just helped us."

"Oh okay. Does Audrey have any allergies?"

"Another than cantaloupe no."

"Okay we will e sure to not give her cantaloupe when we arrive in a minute."

Lachlan let out a sigh and continued on holding his daughters hand. 

Soon enough the ambulance pulled to a stop and the back door swung open to see more doctors. As Courtney saw them she began to wheel Audrey away and said,

"Audrey Power. Age 7. Car crash, head trauma and some bruises." They quickly entered the building with her, leaving Lachlan and I alone as we got out and slowly followed them. As they disappeared in a good crowd of people, Lachlan grabbed my hand and quickly lead me towards the nurse's desk.

"Hello. How may I help you?"

"I am looking for my daughter, Audrey Power."

"Um...Audrey Power is in the Room 208 getting stitches for head trauma. So down the hall to the elevator and two doors down."

"Thank you." Lachlan said before leading my down the hallway.

Lachlan and I's hands were still attached as we neared the elevator. He quickly pushed the button to go up and waited watching the numbers tick down.

"You are doing great you know." I said also watching the number hit 5.

"At what?"

"Making sure she is okay. Being a father parent, good person."

"Thanks I guess. I mean, I got my kid in a crash..."

"No you didn't. No one did." I said applying pressure to our hands which were still together.

"I know that but,"