Vikklan - Reality

Part 2 to Vikklan - Imagination

Vikk's POV

After talking to Lachlan, I ran off to go bring the award to the trophy case. As I grabbed the trophy, I felt a pair of eyes on my back. I shook it off and continued on to the case. I opened it up and slid the trophy in. I turned around to go back to the entree way, but someone stood in my way.

Lachlan's POV

It had been 30 minutes, and all of the guys were searching for Vikk. We even recruited some of our other friends, The Sidemen and Brandon and Mat were some. It was about 15 of us and yet Vikk was not there. Every corner of the school was searched and yet we came up empty. Our first response was to go to the team. Coach had been talking to some other fans, so it was just the team. We explained that he was gone and no picking up his phone. The team agreed to help search the grounds of the school. Adam, a senior, suggested that we call the police to report it, so we did.

And soon enough the police were right there with us, looking for Vikk. We had no idea where he would be or why but I remember watching the news when Hannah Graham, Alexis Murphy and two other girls went missing, and most killed. This is what scared me. My mom always said watch out, but I would have never guessed that I would have to deal with it.

We looked everywhere, and some of us gave reports about what happened earlier. The police decided that Vikk was missing, but may turn up in the morning, so they said to wait until tomorrow in case he was asleep. I believed that they just did this because they just wanted sleep.

Angrily, I went home and tried to sleep. But the image of Vikk crept into my mind and never left. So when the sun rose, I got up and just hoped and prayed he was found. At exactly 7:30, I found myself at my front window, waiting for him to walk past my house, nose deep in a book. I saw a figure moving towards my house from a little ways away. The figure was short, tan and nose deep in a book.

Vikk.

I immediately jumped up from my spot and run outside to where the figure last was. When I got remotely close, the figure dissolved away, from right in front of me.

That's when I realized it was my imagination. The figure was my imagination, and Vikk missing was the reality.

I went back in my house and aimlessly did whatever I could to kept the Indian from my mind. I had my phone right next to me, expecting it to ring with the police saying he was found.

But that never came.

That day, the next, the next week.

It never came.

The only call I got were about the search parties looking for him. There were 10 parties looking for him. Apparently, his disappearance had gone viral.

That's when the police released some information on the disappearance. On that sheet of information, it included my name as the last person to see him. So it was not surprising that a news reporter showed up at my house asking to do an interview. I said I would and soon was seated in a chair across from the news reporter and she started asking the questions

"Please state your name."

"My name is Lachlan Power."

"And how did you know Vikram Barns?"

"I was a friend of his."

"Could you explain his personality to us?"

"Vikk was a genius. He had an amazing brain and was always trying to sharpen his skills. He was kind and funny."

"Thank you. Now explain right before he disappeared."

"It was right after the varsity basketball game. I had finished playing and went to see him and some other friends in the math competition. We ended up winning thanks to Vikk."

"Mm-hmm."

"After the crowd disappeared, I was waiting for Vikk. He came in from behind the stage and we talked. We decided to grab our friends and go get some celebratory milkshakes. I remember the last words he said to me was I have something to do. He ran the other way as I went to find all of our friends. We waited for a while before we could tell something was wrong. We decided he probably needed some help with something so we went looking for him. On the way, we picked up more people to help find him. We tried calling, texting, anything to come intact with Vikk. We never reached him. Soon enough, the whole basketball team, teachers, and the police were searching every inch of the ground for the boy. By late at night, the police said we all needed sleep and to see if anything came to them in the morning. Nothing ever did. Search parties still look for him, but our chances are slim. There is a slim line between hope and despair and this situations seems to have us walking on the line, dangerously close to falling to one side."

"Do you hope to find him?"

"Of course, how could I not? Whether we find him alive...or not we still will have some closure for his friends and family. But the best way for this to end is for him to be found alive. And that is what we are waiting for."

And this waiting did not take to long. A county over, Vikram Barns body was found. Raped and beaten to death, he was found in an abandoned barn. No one was arrested and the case has been left cold for years.

As for Lachlan, his mental state was not the best after. He keeps believing that the body is not Vikk's. He believes Vikk walks past his house at exactly 7:30 each morning, nose deep in a book.

Lachlan finds it hard to see the fine line between imagination and reality.

This two part one shot was written for the man and woman raped, beaten and maybe killed every year. Whether it is reported or not, each case is important. Please help in any way you can.

Because what if it was YOU.

Be safe and protect yourself my little squidlets.