Vikklan : The Waiter

Vikk's POV

Today was just like any other. I was the bus boy at a restaurant nearby and I was working today. I walked out from the kitchen and out into the main area of the restaurant. I moved from empty table to empty table picking up dirty dishes. They were soon piled up on my arms and I walked back into the kitchen. I walked out to the other side of the restaurant and saw someone walk in as I walked back with all the dirty dishes. He was a very tall blonde man with beautiful blue eyes and a gorgeous smile. I walked back into the kitchen and set them all in the sink. I get on some gloves to clean them when Cindy, a waitress came in.

"Hey, Vikk? You think you can take a table or two? We are very busy." I just nodded and left the dishes in the sink. I pull of my gloves as I get ready to wait. Whenever it gets busy they ask the side staff to help. They always came to me because I was the nicest. 

"Okay you take 5,6, and 7. 5 is empty, 7 needs cleaning and 6 has one man waiting for four others."

"Okay. Has he ordered a drink or anything?"

"Nope. I would ask him."

"Okay thanks Cindy." I said before leaving the kitchen and going to table 6.

"Hello, my name is Vikk and I will be your waiter for today, can I get you anything to drink?" I look up and it turns out it is that blondie from earlier.

"Vikk? Thats cute. Um...water is fine while I wait."

"Okay, I will be right out with that, sir."

"Call me Lachlan." he said as I turned around.

"Okay, Lachlan."

I said as I walked away. I walked to the kitchen, grabbed a glass of water for Lachlan, and walked back out. I walked over set down his water and went to go clean table 7.

"Thank you." I faintly heard from Lachlan.

"Your welcome." I said and began to clean table 7. I grabbed the dirty plates and walked into the kitchen. I set down the plates in the sink and grabbed some more things for 7. As I arrived Cindy walked up to me and she looked worried.

"Um...Vikk, can you take table 8 and 9?" She asked. I looked over and the tables were combined into one for a big group of girls.

"You realize I don't do this often right?" I asked her.

"Yeah, but we are understaffed."

"Have you called anyone?"

"Yeah but none have showed up."

"How about the manager?"

"No I already called her a few days ago for help. She will think that I can't schedule people right."

"No she would. She should be happy that there is a sudden birst of customers and that means more money. So call Stella and have her call people. Until then yes I can take 8 and 9. What have they done?"

"Nothing they just arrived."

"Okay, go call Stella and get going."