Chapter Five

She had a friend once long before when she was merely twelve. A friend she barely knew like Captain Hook but Nym was a much better friend than Hook. It was a typical day for both girls, they helped each other out like Mara would distract a seller while Nym takes much food as she could until things turn quite unfortunate. They were chased by guards, it was a long chase until Mara got stuck on a fence they climbed over, her ragged tunic got caught by the fence where she called out Nym to help. Her friend looked at Mara while the guards were close, Nym was very hesitant at that moment then continually ran off and left Mara to get caught.

It was the first time in Mara's life felt betrayal. Betrayal is a horrible feeling and one of the worst feelings in the world. She never seen Nym since that day. Still, she sometimes wondered where her old friend might be. It would be too treacherous of her to hope that Nym got eaten by trolls under a bridge but she mostly hopes Nym was okay and yet, does not desire to see her again.

That feeling she felt years ago came back to her, but it wasn't worse. Maybe because she only barely knew Hook.

"You're selling me out?" Mara was stunned.

"No" The pirate sighed with slight infuriation on his expression, "We'll speak about this in Jolly Roger. Come on" he nudged her to get on the boat.

The boat ride to the Jolly Roger was quiet, Mara never looked back at the shores of Neverland, she kept her gaze toward front and was relieved that she wasn't on the land of that strange cold place.

But the news of Killian's deal with Pan worried her. She was near as afraid of what happens next, not a huge or a shred of desire felt within her of staying in Neverland. The land of where no one and nothing grows, a home of the Lost Boys and home of a treacherous looking boy.

If it happens, if Captain Hook decides to pay the price, the price is herself, how would she able to live in that place? She would never grow, and who knows how long she would be there.

If it does not happen, she would most likely never come back there again.

Would Captain Hook give her up for a little magical bean? If he doesn't, then they won't able to go home. Would they be stuck here in Neverland and never grow old like me? Mara thought.

"Pan won't give me the Magic Bean unless I agree to trade you for it" Killian stated as he and Mara stood in the back of the ship as they gaze at the large island.

"I got that part pretty clear, Killian" Mara said peevishly, she leaned forward with her arms rested on the railing.

"I'll figure out another way to pay him" He opened his flask and drank.

"I wouldn't be shocked or surprised if you're willing to give me up to those savages"

"I won't," he didn't sound promising at all.

"I know you enough" She glanced at him, "I know you enough that you would give up some peasant girl you met at some random pub just to go home. But you know what? Decide whatever you want, I don't really care. I'm gonna go rest for a bit, it was a long day"

No sign of guilt or pity sighted on his expression before Mara turned and walked away. Her slight concern grew, thinking Hook had considered of giving her away, they only knew each other for a month and the duration of that month, they grew being as friends. Seems like every friend she made, they end up betraying her in the end.

Of course she would be mad, and she was mad at that moment. Actually she would be enraged. But still, can living in Neverland be worse? Worse than the night she spent with the ogres? That was only a night, but in Neverland could be days, weeks, months or years. Maybe she'd survive. Who knows.