"Yeah, probably," Lydia said and pulled her jacket closer to her body.

Danny pulled away and began to stand. "It's getting late, Lyds, we should probably head home," he said and held his hand out for her to take. Lydia swung her legs onto the wood of the bridge and Danny pulled her up.

As they walked to his motorcycle, Danny slung his arm over her. Lydia smiled and leaned into her friend's touch. Soon, they were riding off into the night.

-

"Please don't go," Lydia cried. Tears streamed down her face and dripped from her chin. She tried to grab her father's arm but Jacob pulled her back.

"Let him go, Lydia," Jacob gritted out, "If he wants to leave his family, let him." His arms tightened around his thirteen year old sister as she tried to resist his hold on her. "He's an asshole. Let him leave."

Their father turned around with a look of anger on his face. He pointed a finger at the fourteen year old boy and started to stalk towards him.

Lydia felt Jacob let her go and she was pushed out of the way by her father. Her knees hit the floor with a thud and more tears rushed to her eyes. Lydia heard her mother yell and she looked up just in time to see her father strike Jacob across the face.

"Don't touch my son!" Natalie screamed at Lydia's father. Elias, who was only three, started to cry.

Jacob touched his face, which was as red as the blood trickling down Lydia's scuffed leg. He flinched at how bad it stung and then looked up at his father. Natalie continued to scream at Jeff, yelling at him to get out of their house.

"JUST GO!" she cried.

Jacob balled his fist and took a step towards his father. Lydia, who was still on the floor, pulled at her brother's arm. Jacob looked down at her. "Stop, Jacob. I don't want you to get hit again."

Jeff grabbed his bags and slung one over his shoulder. He looked at his wife and then at his younger son that screamed in her arms. His eyes scanned past Jacob and landed on Lydia, who was clutching her bleeding leg.

"Out," Natalie said and pointed towards the door. Elias, who was balanced on her hip, got quiet. Jeff grumbled under his breath and left the house, slamming the door shut behind him.

Lydia jumped up from her bed at the sound of the door shutting. Her head hit the top of the trailer and she cursed under her breath. She rubbed her eyes and looked over at her brother, who was now coming into the mobil-home. Jacob mumbled an apology for the loud noise that he had made while shutting the door.

"Where were you?" Lydia asked while rubbing her head to ease the pain.

"Why should I tell you?" he said harshly, "You never tell me where you go."

Lydia jumped down from her bed and leaned against the stove, looking her brother in the eyes. She could barely see him in the dark but the light of the moon showed the outline of his figure.

"Can we please not fight tonight?" Lydia said quietly, "Please?"

Jacob sighed. "I went over to Danny's."

Lydia raised one of her eyebrows. "Why?"

Jacob sat down at one of the small chairs by the table. "I'm getting worried about you, Lydia. You never tell me anything anymore. So I went to someone who I know you talk to, to make sure that you're alright."

"What did he tell you?"

"He told me that you were fine, and to go home."

Lydia nodded while giving a small smile. Danny really was a great friend.

"Lydia, if you ever need help, I'm here. If it's drugs–"

"It has nothing to do with drugs. Why does everyone always think it's drugs before anything else?" She climbed back into bed.

"Then what is it? What could be so bad that you need to hide it from me? You never use to hide shit from me, Lyds, ever."

"Go to sleep Jacob," Lydia mumbled and pulled her blankets over her body.

Jacob stared at her but eventually looked away. "Sometimes I can't stand you."

"Jacob–"

"I ask you the same question every fucking night and never get a response. You think I'm asking it for fun? Because I enjoy asking you the same thing over and over and over?" He paused and sighed. "I just don't want to have to worry about you all of the fucking time. I'm tired of it. Tired of you."

Jacob trudged into his bedroom and quietly closed the door behind him.

-

"Any news?" Sheriff Stilinski said as he walked into his son's office. Stiles finished putting papers into the cabinets before turning towards his father.

"I found the girl who's been graffitiing the corner stores," Stiles told his father. Noah's eyes widened.

"A girl?"

"Uhuh, and I think that I know where she's going to vandalize next."

The sheriff walked over to his son and Stiles pointed towards the board that he had in the middle of the room. Stiles started to explain the writing on it.

"The first place I know that she spray painted was at the dollar store on West Avenue. The tagging was the same. Then we got the call from the Grab and Go. Yesterday I saw her in an alley a few blocks away from there. They're all three miles apart. So if I'm right," Stiles pointed at the circled building on his board. "It's either the old Kursher Gas Station or Hendrick's Groceries next. I figured I could keep a close eye on both locations."

The Sheriff smiled and patted his son on the back. "Nice job, Stiles. Looks like that manager at the Grab and Go won't have to take action after all."

"What are you talking about?" The younger Stilinski asked.

"Well, he called yesterday and told Parrish that if we don't find the little delinquent within a few weeks, he'll call us off and hire a detective in the other New York department."

Stiles tapped the circled building once more. "Tell him I'll have her before his deadline."