Chapter Ten: I'm All Yours, Cam

Start from the beginning

“It got you talking to me, didn’t it?” he nudged my shoulder. “But I sent those flowers because . . .I-I like you Jessie. You make me laugh, which I haven’t done in a while. You make me work to get your attention, like a challenge. And it excites me, the women here are too submissive. But you . . . . You’re entirely different, and I like that about you. ”

I swallowed the light lump that was in my throat, heart racing from his words. But now I’m confused! I thought he didn’t like me, since he threw shit at me and all.

“Guess a week could change the impression a person has on another.” A small smile made it way though as hard as I tried to keep it off.

“Plus I know you’re crazy about me, darlin’.” Ugh. Here’s the Cam I know, the pig headed one.

“As if, cow boy.” I scoffed, looking away with wide eyes. So maybe I liked him a teeny tiny little smidge.

No crush or anything like that.

Right?!

“Y’know most people would watch what they would say to their boss. You however, say what you like. Do you even care that I might fire you?” he asked, lifting his white Stetson up to scratch his head.

“But you won’t.” I said non chalantly, my heart was still racing but there was no more fear.

“No, I don’t think I’ll ever have to fire you. Hope not, the family seems. . . more like family with you around. And the ranch wouldn’t be as fun.” I swivelled around to stare at him in faux shock.

“What?! Do I hear right? I’m fun to be around with, coming from the mighty Cam Buckley?” he chuckled and pushed me over, only he toppled over with me because I kept a strong grip on him.

I giggled a bit, trying to breathe as most of his weight was pressing on me. He seemed to notice my face going a bit red from the lack of oxygen.

His chest was now lightly pressing onto mine, his hands spread out on each side of my face as he looked down at me wickedly.

“Now, now. I’ve given you sweet words, you do the same Australia.” He smirked, setting himself lower on me as I gasped. He was so hard and. . . .muscled…..

“Okay! You can be very nice when you’re not being an ass. You’re wickedly handsome and—”

“Wickedly handsome you say?” that grinning fool teased.

I rolled my eyes in a helpless gesture.

“I know you know you’re incredibly good looking Cam. You just wanna torture me some.” Reluctantly I grinned back at him, I was actually having fun with him.

Who would have thunk it?

“I wanna torture you some more, Jessie.” His eyes, they were. . . .so lustful. He closed his eyes and leaned in slowly.

Immediately my heart raced as a blush took over. I swallowed hard and closed my eyes, waiting.

Waiting.

Waiting.

Okay seriously, where’s my god damned kiss?!

I opened my eyes in annoyance, about to tell him off when I see him looking at me with a big grin stretching across his handsome face.

“You Asshol—” he leaned down and silenced me with his lips.

They felt so soft and bitable, as he moved his against mine. I held in a moan, his kiss was shooting tingles throughout my body. As soon as his mouth landed on mine, a spark of heat coursed through my body.