Ronald X William

Requested by: That person that commented lol sorry forgot your user.

Title: Forever and Always

Rating: On a scale of one tear to suicide, I rate this as just under triggering.

Words: 1349

Warning: THERE IS NO SELF HARM, BUT QUITE A FEW SAD BITS.

William's P.O.V

Once again, Ronald decided to skip out on his shift - it was probably because he's hungover as hell, like usual. "Honestly, that boy is a royal pain in my ass," I muttered to myself, contemplating on whether to pick up the phone and call him or not. I chose not to, thinking that maybe, just once, I could give him a break. I mean, his work isn't that hard. It's just a little bit of over time, nothing to exaggerate over. You've gone soft on him, William T. Spears, an obnoxious voice in my head said. It was right. I had gone extremely soft on my subordinate lately - maybe it was because of a dream I had of him the other night and I wanted to distance myself as much as possible.

~Flashback to his dream~

It was a dark, lonely night at the dispatch. I had been "blessed" with a few hours over time to work alongside my partner for the assignment,  Ronald Knox. It wasn't particularly exciting or insightful night. Just boring old paperwork. Until Ronald decided that he'd had enough. "Ahhh, senpai, can't we just go home already?" I frowned and shook my head, pushing up my glasses as I stated, "You've only done three quarters of the work, Knox. We're going to stay until you're done." He groaned and hit his head on the desk multiple times in frustration. "I hate all this paperwork," he whined, sitting back in his chair and letting out another loud groan. "Is there any way I can actually make you do it?" I asked out of nowhere, confusing even myself. "Well, there is one way," he replied, pulling me down onto his lap. This feels like the start of a god damn porno, I thought to myself, feeling my hands subconsciously run up and down his clothed chest. "What would you have me do?"

~Flashback End~

I winced at the vivid images in my head, feeling a very small twinge of movement in my crotch. "I can't deal with this right now," I said loudly, letting my head crash onto the desk and my glasses fall to the floor. I rubbed circles into my temple, trying to relieve myself of stress. "Hi, senpai!" I heard the voice of Ronald Knox shout as my door was kicked - no, really. It was literally kicked - open. "Please, go away, Knox." I made an effort to not sound so stressed, but it was difficult seeing as the reason I was so frustrated all the time physically and mentally was right here in front of me. "Eh? What's wrong?" Shaking my head I stood up, planning to head home and get some rest. Sleep will do me good, I assured myself.

~

I had only been at home for five minutes, making bacon pancakes, when suddenly the phone rang. As I began to answer it with my usual greeting, a loud voice started to scream in my ear. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. What? Ronald's what is stuck in the what?! On my way." I hung up the phone and groaned loudly, switching off the element and taking the pan off the stove. I set it on the bench top and covered it with my old, stained apron that was covered in bits of pancake batter and bacon grease before heading out the door, not bothering to change back into my suit. When I arrived at the dispatch, parts of my fringe were already falling into my eyes, since I had washed the products I usually used out of it. Of course, being dressed casually and rather disheveled had caught some onlookers, but what can I say? I know I'm a fairly good looking guy, not that that's why they were staring. They were obviously looking because they'd never seen me dressed so informally before. "Ronald Knox, what in god's name are you doing?" I stared in disbelief at the sight before me. Ronald had his hand stuck in the vending machine slot. Ronald. Had. His. God. Damn. Hand. Stuck. In. The. God. Damn. Vending. Machine. Slot. "Actually don't answer me, I'm not sure I want to know." It's obvious what he was doing. He was stealing candy. Or at least he was trying to and his hand got stuck clenched around a bright orange pack of Reese's Pieces. If I hadn't been stressed before, I definitely was now. I just wanted to go home and eat my bacon pancakes, maybe sleep for a while as well. Right on cue, my phone decided to ring. Again. "Shinigami Dispatch, this is William T. Spears," I said monotonously. "William, it's me, Brendon." My brother? What could he want? "Brendon? What's wrong?" I told him long ago to never call me unless it was of utmost importance. Yes, it meant missing the fifth birthday of my twin brother's daughter and also missing out on my cousin's wedding, but he knew that I never handled stress or family gatherings very well. "It's Sasha. She's dead."

~

Finding out that my baby sister died in a freak car accident and that she was pregnant at the time obviously came under "utmost importance," but it also meant a lot of stress. And mental breakdowns. Especially the latter, which was why I had fled the Dispatch the second the phone call ended. I always knew stress was a constant battle for me, but this I couldn't handle. At least not on my own. But being the stubborn son of a bitch I was, I ended up hiding it, still showing up to work each day with false determination plastered on my pale face. Each day I went to work and each day I went home to another exhausting crying, screaming and aggressive cursing fest which usually only ended when I broke something. But I kept going, keeping my pain a secret. "I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you more, Sasha. I was supposed to be your role model. I was supposed to be your dickhead big brother that ruffled up your hair and used you as a leaning post, but instead I came here to work in the Dispatch. I'm so, so, so sorry," I said to the only photo I had of Sasha and I together, which was on Christmas last year when Brendon, my twin, forced me to go home. "Senpai, are you okay?" Ronald appeared at my office door, a forlorn look on his stupidly handsome face. "Fine." He shut my door, his sad smile replaced with a knowing glare. "No you're not. I know you, William, and I know when you're sad." That was the the first time he ever called me by my first name and, to be honest, I really liked it. "You're right, I'm not okay. My baby sister died. I was never there for her and I should've been. I know it's in the past and that I have to move on, but it's taking too long and I just can't handle the stress," I confessed, hearing my voice crack towards the end. Ronald came forth and wrapped his arms around me in a hug, allowing me to bury my head in his shoulder and take in his scent - he smelt like freshly cut grass and cinnamon. It was nice. "I don't think I've ever told you how much you mean to me, William." My stomach jumped at his soft, purring voice. "Neither," I said in return, tightening my arms around him and pressing our bodies closer together. "Let me help you get through this. Let me help you. Forever and always." I smiled and he pulled back just enough to press his lips to mine in a short, gentle kiss. "Forever and always," I repeated.

Awww. That was incredibly cute for a ship I don't even ship... yet.