Modern Lau x Reader

Modern Lau x Reader

Requested by: me

Lemon rating: 0/10

Title: Deeply Afraid

Warning: none

Your P.O.V

"Honestly, Lau," you choked out, waving your hand in your face to clear away the smoke. "You need to stop smoking. It's rubbish for your health." The Chinese man simply chuckled a little and you knew it was unlikely he would know what was going on anyway. The fact that he was smoking was bad enough, but he also had a few 'magic mushrooms' only five minutes earlier. "I've had no problems before. If anyone should be worried, it's you. The spider has spun it's web and you will soon be trapped like a helpless little butterfly." He smirked, his eyes opening slightly and his gaze locked with yours, his deep grey eyes seemingly staring deep into your soul. Thinking that he was right, you glanced over to see your long term 'stalker', Claude, looking straight at you. "What's Claude up to?" You said more to yourself than Lau in a shaky voice, almost stuttering as you shuffled a little closer to the sixteen year old. "What's Claude doing?" He asked, shaking his head as though he was snapping out of a daze. "You don't know?! Then what was that about?!" He laughed a little, pointing at the wall just beside your head. "I was referring to that cobweb you nearly stuck your head in." You jumped, whipping your head to the side to see a silky cobweb the size of your hand. Since you weren't exactly in the mood to reveal to your crush that you had a massive case of arachnophobia, you were thankful there were no spiders hanging around. Just to be safe, you slid your back along the wall until you were standing right next to Lau. "You skipping class again?" You asked after a minute of awkward silence, grabbing the half smoked cigarette from his hand and inhaling the bitter substance. He nodded his head. "Like I said before," he stated, "I don't need class to ace all the tests and you know it." You had to admit he was right, he was simply a genius with or without school. "About your situation with Claude, do not fret. I have a brilliant and tactical strategy that will work out for the both of us." Glancing once more at Claude, you noticed he had finally turned away, deciding to talk to the triplets instead. "What would that be?" You dared ask flirtatiously, the both of you inching closer together. "First, how about we get that huge spider out of your hair?" You screamed, jumping back and feeling the spider fall off your head and land on your hand, so you quickly shook it off. Sobbing loudly, you collapsed to your knees, not caring that they grazed when they hit the concrete as you starting vomiting, all the contents of your stomach spilling everywhere. Lau awkwardly pat you on the back while your body shook violently. "I had no idea you were afraid of spiders, love." Considering your current situation, you were surprised to hear a shaky laugh escape your dry lips, the horrid taste of vomit and smoke still lingering in your mouth. "Deeply afraid."