Undertaker x Dead!Reader

This came to me when I was in bed. Dying of not sleeping. Every time I go into italics its a flashback.

Undertaker x Dead!Reader

Title: Do You Remember?

Undertaker's P.O.V

I set down the final rose, hoping she would like being surrounded by her favourite flowers as I gently brushed through her beautiful hair, its (E/C) colour shining in the small patches of light that managed to find its way into my parlor. I carefully placed my fingers over her mesmerising (E/C) eyes and slowly dragged them down, closing her eyes for the last time. Taking a seat beside the mahogany coffin I grabbed her soft, cold hand and said, "Hello, my love. I miss you," I allowed a few tears to slip out of my eyes, "and I know I'm supposed to let you go and move on, but I can't. I need you. I can't go on without you. You're the reason I woke up every day... Do you remember the first time I told you that?"

"Adrian!" Her angelic voice rung throughout the parlor as she hastily made her way up the stairs while I myself sat in our bedroom, looking through an old photo album. "Yes, love?" She walked into the room, her eyes sparkling as she happily said, "Rachel gave birth to a little boy! I'm going to be spending the weekend with them, so make sure you set the alarm" I cheered at the good news and stood up, grabbing her arm and pulling her in for a kiss. "You're the reason I wake up every day. How will I last without you?" She giggled and wrapped her arms around my neck, her soft skin brushing against mine and making a shiver run down my spine. "You'll manage for a weekend" She pulled away from our embrace and turned to leave when I asked her what the boy's name was. "Ciel," she replied, "Ciel Vincent Phantomhive"

I hadn't noticed I started stroking her cheek, silently comparing skin to hers. As pale as my skin was it looked brown next to hers. "Do you remember when we first met?'

I skipped around the graveyard beside my father's new funeral parlor and I knew I wanted to grow up to be like him, the best undertaker in London. I was only eight at the time, but I knew that my ambition to be an undertaker would always stay with me. Looking around the old headstones that were slowly being covered by overgrown shrubs I spotted a pretty little thing only a couple years younger than me staring down at a cracked, recently placed headstone in the shape of a crucifix. Approaching her I noticed she had a bouquet of (E/C) roses in her small hands, the wrapping a lovely shade of (E/C) to compliment the roses. A perfect choice of colours, I thought to myself while leaning against a random headstone nearby. "Hello there, Doll, who be it you're grieving?" She sighed, not even phased that I was with her, although when she replied it wasn't with an answer to me question, which I must say aggravated me a little. "I know you," she said, "you're the undertaker's son! You were at the funeral" Leaning over go look at the name on the headstone she was standing in front of I nodded and said, "That I was, Doll" She grimaced, myself letting out a chuckle at her actions until she snapped at me. "Excuse me, Mister, but my name is not 'Doll'! It's (Y/N)" She's funny, I almost thought aloud, flashing a little grin and, out of habit, running a hand through my shoulder length hair. "Whatever, Princess. Anyway, if I remember rightly, that's your mother down six feet under, isn't it?" She glared at me angrily shouted, "Its not like you give a damn, anyway! Leave me alone," and with that she flipped the bird and stormed off, but not before setting the (E/C) roses down on the still fresh soil. For some reason I felt guilty, so I made a promise to myself that every day I would find the best rose for her mother and wrap a (E/C) ribbon around it.

"I remember keeping that promise, and every day you came back with a puzzled look on your face. Do you remember when I 'told' you it was me?"

One day, when I was about sixteen, I finally decided to come forward and tell (Y/N) that I was the one giving her mother roses every day, but when I went out to the headstone she wasn't there and neither was my rose. Sighing I went back inside and told my father about the rose gone missing. He was very cool with it, to be honest, since he obviously knew of my feelings for the beautiful girl. He simply chuckled and grabbed another rose from a vase, showing me how to expertly cut the thorns and tie a perfect bow with the ribbon before sending me on my way. Walking over to the grave I twirled the rose between my fingers, not noticing the person creeping up behind me until they spoke, making me jump a little in fright. "So it was you" Turning around I grinned and said, "Indeed. Took you long enough to figure it out" For once she smiled back at me, taking the rose when I offered it to her. She leaned forward, pecking me on the cheek and as she pulled away I quickly cupped her face and kissed her.

I smiled at the memory of our first kiss. "We started dating after that. Do you remember our first and final dance together?"

The sweet music echoed throughout the ballroom, the lights shining down on just the two of us while the others in the room simply watches with soft smiles on their faces. My focus was only on the woman in front of me though, her head snuggled up against my chest and her arms around my neck as we swayed to the melody, her white dress flowing with every movement. As we neared the end of the song I whispered, "I love you," in her ear, to which she replied, "I love you too," before the the final chords of the song were played, and in that moment I dipped her in my arms and placed my lips on her own.

"Do you remember when I said I couldn't live without you? Because I'll be joining you soon" Little did I know that I would be far from joining her as I jumped in a lake that very day.

I'm sorry for the simple ending, but as I was reading over it I saw that the ending had been deleted for me so I assumed it was deleted for everyone else too. I forgot what the old ending was so yeah.