Arthur x Reader Part 1

Arthur from Book of Murder! Admit it, he is pretty cute X'D

This gonna be long so I split it. WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS FOR BOOK OF MURDER!

Title: Surprise Murders Part 1

Your P.O.V

Both yourself and your long term boyfriend Arthur had been invited over to the Phantomhive Manor, the reason unknown to the both of you as the carriage slowly jerked to a stop. The door opened shortly after and Arthur stepped out before offering his hand to you in a gentlemanly fashion, a small smile on your face as you accepted and placed your hand on his, stepping out of the carriage as you gasped at the large manor before you in awe. "Isn't it beautiful?" Arthur asked you, sliding his hand up your arm before through so your arms were linked, treating you like a proper lady even though you weren't dressed like one. You often found yourself wondering why such a perfect gentleman like Arthur preferred such a rebel like you, wearing pants and shirts instead of dresses or blouses and long skirts. You were often frowned upon in public, but you simply brushed off the disgusted looks and continued on your way, not giving a damn about what other people thought.

~Tike Smip~

Arthur's P.O.V

I glanced at (Y/N) and smiled softly, lost in a trance until the Butler approached us offering drinks. What a beautiful man... So perfect at his job as well. Of course, only the best for an Earl. I pulled out my pen and wrote down some keywords about the perfect Butler Sebastian in my sleeve, not noticing that someone had taken a seat next to me. "Mind if I sit here?" "Of course not- EARL?!" I jumped out of my seat, startling (Y/N) next to me who grabbed onto my arm in fright. "Please sit, sensei. I apologize for startling you and your wife" (Y/N) and I started laughing, quickly explaining to him that we weren't married. At least not yet. Things quickly escalated from there. Irene was harassed by the Earl's special guest, the Earl was drenched then both (Y/N) and I heard Sebastian talk to the boy in French, a language we both recognized.

Soon enough the Earl decided to retire, claiming that it was his bedtime and (Y/N) also requested to be shown to our room, stating that she herself was also tired. This made me frown slightly as she left the room, my hand on my chin as I thought of how (Y/N) had been sleeping a lot recently. I brushed off the thought and simply observed the other people in the room, thinking about why the Earl would read the rubbish I wrote for the magazine, remembering about how he mentioned that it was a masterpiece in his opinion. I smiled a little until I heard a loud scream from upstairs, quickly rushing with everyone else to find the source, soon discovering that it was the maid Mey-Rin as she stared in horror at the sight before her. Looking in the room I felt someone clutch onto my arm and I didn't even have to glance to the side to know it was (Y/N), gently prying her off me so I could step forward and examine the body myself, unable to see too well because of the dark.

Your P.O.V

You didn't pay much attention to your surroundings until you felt everyone staring between both you and Ciel, a shocked face on Arthur's face as he quietly said, "The only people with no alibi are the Earl and... (Y/N)"

Your eyes widened and you stumbled back a little, shaking your head as your eyes brimmed with tears. Looking around the room you saw that both Ciel and his Butler were shocked, occasionally glancing at each other as though it wasn't 'planned' for you to be suspected. As crazy as it might have sounded, but living with an author of fictional novels caused you to have more creative than truthful thoughts about things as well as being more likely to lose focus easily and ponder off topic things in your head that you found more interesting. Anyway, it was soon decided that both while Ciel should sleep with Arthur, you yourself should stay with Sebastian. You questioned this decision, but Sebastian had volunteered and Ciel confirmed he would be able to keep you safe should any trouble arise.

~Vereh Shorteh Timeh Skipeh~

Sebastian's P.O.V

I showed (Y/N) back to her room, still wondering why the young master would make me stay with her rather than her own boyfriend Arthur, especially if the young master predicted correctly because that would then only make her more suspicious. Unless he plans on leaving some kind of fake evidence? Or perhaps it has to do with (Y/N) herself. She does retire early...I have been warned that she is very grumpy in the morning and is difficult to wake up... She sits with her legs apart like its uncomfortable to sit like a lady... I noticed her cringe when I brought out a platter of ham at the banquet... My thoughts were soon interrupted by my own realization and I soon caught the attention of (Y/N) when I clicked my fingers and turned my gaze to her. "Miss (Y/N), are you pregnant?"

Soon after (Y/N) fell asleep I left the room to follow the young master's order; to thoroughly inspect the hearth. Raking through the ashes of the fireplace I found the evidence I needed, slowly piecing the small shards of glass together until I noticed the shadow of a figure behind me. "This is-"

I walked through the manor halls after collecting the young master's pillow from his room, barely even paying attention to the dying man on the floor while I was in there. Blowing out the candles I hugged the pillow to my chest and made my way to each of the other servants' rooms aside from Tanaka, giving each of them their respective orders before making my way to the young master, not wanting to deprive him of sleep for much longer.