Chapter Twenty Five (Part 3)

Kennedy Onika "Nicki" Maraj

Inbox>> Lunch.... maybe?

Sent<< My last client is at 3, then I have somewhere very important to go after that... Dinner?

Inbox>> Wayne is in town...special appearance at his show. Where you going? I can slide.

I glanced down at the screen of my cellphone, running my hand over the touch screen keyboard until I finally decided not to reply. It hurt me more than expected to lie, but I had to stall until I was mentally prepared to let Aubrey know the truth.

"That's him"? I nodded my head, "He wanted to go lunch". Kylie wiped an unexpected tear away, placing her finger under my chin to lift my head up.
"Why are you crying"? I shrugged, allowing myself to smile. "I don't even know, my emotions are everywhere".

She glanced at the clock, "We need to head in, it's 3:05". Without hesitation, we made our way from her 2014 Dodge Charger and into the small, yet upscale doctors office.

Kylie walked off into the waiting area, as I walked towards the reception area. "Hello, welcome to Letterman Health & OB/GYN clinic". I smiled, adjusting my shades. "I'm Kennedy Maraj, here for an appointment at 3:30".

She nodded her head, placing a clipboard over the counter. "Can you please fill out the needed information, and return it. We will try to have you in and out as soon as possible". I quickly walked away from the receptionist desk, finding Kylie sitting in the waiting area on her cell phone. I sat down in the seat next to her, and began to fill out the documents. Kylie glanced at the paper, "damn they ask a lot of questions".

••

I sat on the clinic-bed, waiting for the Nurse to return with the results. Though I'd already taken home pregnancy tests, the OB/GYN still required once for accuracy. The door opened, but instead of the first nurse, it was the doctor.

She wore a white-lab coat and a name tag that read "Dr.Brown". She stuck her hand out for me to shake, "Hello, My name is Dr. Brown.. And you are". She glanced down at her clipboard before quickly looking back up at me "Kennedy".

I nodded my head, "Yes, Kennedy Maraj". She nodded her head, "Well Ms. Maraj, your urine samples were tested and you're indeed pregnant. From the looks of things, you're a little over a month.. About 5 weeks". It was weird hearing what I already knew, but it brought a sense of comfort for confirmation.

I sighed, "You'll be 28 in a few days, right"? I nodded my head, "Yes on December 8th".

"Well, age-wise... You should have no complications in that area, but when did your last menstrual cycle occur"? I placed my hand under my chin, trying to think back. "Possibly the first week of October if I'm not mistaken, and it lasted for about three days".

She nodded her head, writing things onto her clipboard. "Have you ever been pregnant before"?
I nodded my head, "Yes, about twelve years ago". 
She nodded, "And how did that pregnancy go"?
I sighed, "It was very short, I was young and chose the abortion route".

"How about your family, do you have any health issues or diseases that seem to be hereditary"? I shook my head, "No".

"Do you take any medication"? I shook my head, "No".

She looked up from her clipboard, "And your lifestyle... describe it in a few words". I rubbed my cheek as I thought, "It's very hectic, there's a lot of traveling and late nights. I don't smoke, but I do drunk occasionally". She nodded her head, "Well, you'll need to stop drinking immediately and try to make your days as stress free as possible for the baby's sake".

She wrote a few more things down, "I'm going to do a quick check up and we need a little blood drawn. Once that is in place, you can go through the ultrasound process".

••

I smiled, walking back to Kylie's car. "How far along are you"? I smiled, pulling the ultrasound picture from purse. "Five weeks, I'm due in July...". She smiled, "You better have me a niece, so I can spoil her and all that good shit". I shook my head, putting the ultrasound picture back into my purse.

"It doesn't even matter, as long as he or she is healthy. I'm just so shocked to actually see the ultrasound, even though it's very small. I feel like a mommy already".  Kylie smiled, "So... This means that you're ready to tell Drake"? I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know".

"I think you should, why wait"?

•••••

Just a quick filler of what Kennedy was doing...