Chapter Fourty Two

Kennedy Onika "Nicki" Maraj

I leaned back against the wall, unintentionally clutching my stomach attempting to feel my baby bump that was now nearly gone. I was getting used to not having him in my stomach anymore, but actually in my arms. Just about three weeks ago, I gave birth to the most beautiful little boy ever. Everything about him was perfect and I couldn't stop crying whenever I looked at him. Becoming a mother changed my entire perspective on life, despite it only being a short time period.

Aubrey Drake Graham Jr. Six pounds, fifteen ounces, nineteen inches, brown hair, brown eyes, and fair skin. It was something different about being a mother, I actually had  something to wake up everyday and be hopeful for. I actually had someone else to care about and love. Every ounce of selfishness left my body after the doctor placed him in my arms for the first time.

"You need anything else"? Aubrey asked while walking into my room, distracting me from my thoughts. I shook my head, " No, I'm okay. My mother and Jason should be back from the store at any moment now". The day before AJ was born, Jason and my mother flew in to help me out. My mom has been busy cleaning and cooking, while Jason kept me company as I spent the last few days in my house. Aubrey has been here through everything also, from cutting the umbilical cord to changing shitty diapers. Though we aren't together and have yet to set up some kind of arrangements, he makes sure he's present from sun up til sun down.

"If you're hungry, you can stay until my mom finishes dinner Aubrey". He shrugged, "I'm just trying to keep my distance until you really know what you want to do with us". I smacked my lips, patting an empty spot on my bed. "It's okay Aubrey, we're still friends and I need you to understand that with AJ here there's no room to have any animosity between us".

He nodded his head, "I'll stay for dinner then, I think that's what you really want anyway". I shook my head, "Not necessarily, I just know that you haven't had a home cooked meal in a minute".

"You know me so well", he said while staring at the outfit and heels I'd taken out of my closet. "You going somewhere tonight"? I nodded my head, "Yeah, I'm actually going out with Jason and a few friends from my shop. I'm kind of scared though, I feel like I've been missing out on so much while being pregnant".

"You know whatever you wear, you always look good in it. I don't want you to think that the baby changed you in anyway because you're honestly more perfect than ever". I slightly blushed, realizing that he was trying to sweet talk me.

"I guess it's natural after having a baby, you know? After a few weeks in the gym I should be back to the regular Kennedy. I just need to get out of this house tonight though, I've been cooped up in here before AJ even came".

He laughed lowly, "So where you plan on going tonight"? I shrugged, "To this little restaurant, nothing too special". He glanced over at my outfit, "So you're wearing that just to go to get food"? I nodded my head while rolling my eyes, "Yes, what's the problem with that. You're acting like I'm going out in a two-piece bikini set".

"I'm just saying, you're the mother of my son now and I don't like these niggas looking at you. I know how these niggas be plotting Ken and you know it too". I smacked my lips, "Aubrey shut the hell up, please".

-

"Which wig should I wear"? Jason looked up from his phone, "Wear the long blonde one bitch, that a definite nigga-snatcher". I rolled my eyes, "I'm definitely not going out to snatch any niggas. I just want to get something to eat and maybe a virgin drink".

Jason smacked his lips, "So I'll be drinking alone"? I nodded my head, "Yeah, my son comes first and I have to make sure his milk is as healthy as possible. If you didn't make Kylie miss her flight, you'd have her to drink with".