Chapter Fourteen

Kennedy Onika "Nicki" Maraj.

"No, I would love to start off with a black collection. It's that season, and who doesn't love some nice black hair. After the black, I want do a blonde wig. I can make one myself, and present it to the company". I turned in my chair, removing the iPhone from my ear. "Thank you so much Jamie, I appreciate it. Have a nice day hun".

After hanging up the phone, I walked out of my office and into the work room. "Everyone, please make sure your stations are spotless for Saturday. This is a once in a lifetime chance". Jelani walked over to me, "Stop stressing yourself out, we got this".  I sighed, "I just want everything to be perfect, I've worked really hard to get the shop here". I placed hand on head, I was beginning to feel a little lightheaded.

In two days, I was going to have a small display party for my new hair extension line. The company decided to try hair extensions first, since they were the thing at the moment. If the hair extensions were successful, I would like to venture into wigs. We decided to specialize in Brazilian, Malaysian, and Peruvian hair that would last for a year or longer.

"I know, but leave the shop up to me. You don't have anything to worry about. You're already walking around here with a head ache". I smiled, pulling Jelani into a hug. "What would I do without my brother"? He smiled, "You'll never have to worry about that".

We talked for a little while, until it was time for me to go home. While driving home, I drove in silence. Thinking about life, but mainly the establishment of my new brand. Years ago, I was just starting my own shop. Now, I was expanding and creating my own line of products.

My stomach started to growl, making realize that I hadn't ate all day and it was near 6:00pm. I contemplated on stopping for food, but eventually decided to eat something once I got home.

Pulling into my drive way, I cut the rental car off and grabbed my purse. I got out of the car and walked onto my front porch. To my surprise, there was a bouquet of flowers with a note attached. After pulling my out my key and opening to door, I grabbed the flowers and walked into the house.

As usual, the house was empty and silent. The lights were off, and everything seemed to be in place. "What do you want to eat", I said to myself as I walked into the kitchen. I sat everything on the counter, before walking to my fridge. "Damn". I bit my bottom lip, realizing I forgot to go grocery shopping. There was nothing but fruit, juice, and water. I closed the freezer and grabbed my purse, not even bothering to look at the flowers.

Walking up to my room, I kicked my heels off and laid across my bed. I stared at the blank television, not caring to find the remote. "Aubrey" flashed across the screen of my phone, making it vibrate. I picked my iPhone 6s up from the bed, answering the FaceTime call.

"Hey", I said as he smiled at the screen. "What's up with you"? I shook my head, "Just getting home from work". He ran his hand over his beard, "How's the project going along"?

"It's fine, just trying to make sure everything is perfect by Saturday". He nodded his head, "I'm going to send one of the boys there, probably Oliver". I shook my head, "Don't send anyone, it's fine".

"You know I have to Kennedy, I can't make it. At least I'll have someone there to take my spot". I nodded my head, "Save the excuses, I told you don't send anyone. It's fine, I'll be okay". He smiled, "I don't see shit funny, why are you smiling". He shook his head, "I just like to see your mad face, I'm going to fly in Saturday morning. I'll be there to support you baby, couldn't miss it if my life depended on it".