Chapter Fourty One

I love everything about this story, including you guys

I love everything about this story, including you guys. I try to reply to most comments, showing my appreciation. I'm grateful to have the ability to actually gain the interest of so many people, especially my readers from outside of the US!

Thanks for 40k!❤️

Kennedy Onika "Nicki" Maraj

"I'm not taking any appointments for the rest of the week. If something changes, then I'll let you know. If it seems urgent, you can recommend them to one of the other stylists". I told my receptionist, Brianna, as she went through this week's appointments with me.

"Aw, are you okay"? I nodded my head, "I'll be fine, this child of mine has his days. This just isn't a good week, I might be going on maternity leave a little earlier than expected".

She smiled, "That's it"? I shook my head, "I need you to verify the order that was made yesterday. It should be the cases of shampoo, conditioner, and relaxer I was telling you about".

Brianna nodded her head, "Okay, I'll get right on that".

"Once you're finished, we can go to Starbucks down the street if you're not too busy, my treat". Brianna shrugged, "I'm kind of tied up with everything going on with the shop, maybe I can send out for some"?

I smiled, "Thats fine also. I'd like a Venti White Chocolate Iced Mochiatto, make sure there's caramel sauce. Light on the whip and the ice, but also make sure there's caramel drizzle on the top. If they have any cake pops, get me two and a s'mores bar".

Brianna looked at me, trying to write everything down on her notepad at the same time. "I'm sorry if I'm going too fast, this pregnancy just has me wanting so many things at one time".

She laughed, "No I got it. Iced Mochiatto, White Chocolate. Light ice and light whip with caramel sauce and caramel drizzle. Two cake pops and a s'mores bar, correct"?

I nodded my head, "perfect".

I walked through the shop, sipping on my Mochiatto.  The shop was comfortable, but it lacked the home-like feeling that the New York shop had. I'd filled up most of the booths, except two. One make-up booth for Jason and one nail-tech booth for Kylie, in hopes that things would finally get settled and my babies would be in LA with me.  It was all hopes though, no promises were made yet.

"Damn, that frappe must be good as hell". I turned around seeing Clarence standing next to me as I leaned against the bar in the back of the shop.

I smiled, "It's an Iced Mochiatto, not a frappe. Learn the difference". He smiled, "Damn, why you gotta be so feisty Ms.Maraj"?

I laughed, "I'm not feisty at all, and you can call me Kennedy". He smiled, "You can't tell me any different, I'm convinced you're feisty. It's cool though, I like it".