Chapter Thirty Three

Aubrey "Drake" Graham.

"So are you making her sign a prenup?" OB asked me as he threw back a shot. Kennedy was back in New York and I missed the hell out of her.

Lil Wayne's voice was pumping through every speaker in the house as everybody enjoyed the meal my chef had cooked. It was supposed to be a boys' night and despite my clear instructions, somehow, scantily clad women ended up in my presence. Not that it was an issue, honestly, I didn't even look their way. I didn't want to.

"Yo, it's people here that don't need to hear this conversation. Nobody knows but you and the only reason you do know is because you never knock." I shook my head and glared at him. I was on the phone with Kennedy earlier, in my office, talking about the wedding when he just barged in.

"My bad man but you didn't answer my question," he looked at me. He was persistent, I'd give him that. "Think about it, if you marry her, she can divorce you and take you for more than half because of the baby. Bit—"

I was trying to steer his drunk ass away from the conversation because he was pissing me off. "Slow your roll before you say something you're going to regret." I took the shot from him and drank it myself. "And to answer your disrespectful ass question, nah, I'm not going to make her sign one. I asked her to marry me, I'm a grown ass man so if I fuck this up, which I won't, she'd deserve to take me for every dime I have. After all the shit I've done to her, she'd deserve it." I paused and poured another shot. "I don't think she would though. Kennedy isn't that type of woman. She's not greedy, she's got her own shit and she can take care of herself. If something did break us up, if have to go out myself on child support."

"True, true." OB said while stroking his red beard. "I'm drunk and shit, I didn't mean to offend you by asking you that. But congratulations. I'm happy for you, for real brother." He said and I returned his brotherly hug. "Don't fuck this up. I mean, yeah, it would make for Take Care part two, but do you want a good album or a partner for life?"

I see he got jokes, I shook my head and reached for my vibrating phone in my pocket. It was the only person I really wanted to be around at the moment. "What's up baby?" I left the loudness of the kitchen and headed towards my bedroom.

"I miss you already." She blurted out just as I twisted the lock, locking bedroom door.

"Damn, no greeting or nothing?" I joked, just because I knew she was probably rolling her eyes. "I miss you more bae, how's my baby?" I asked her and even saying the word baby, brought a smile to my face. The further she got along in her pregnancy, the less afraid I was of becoming a father. My fear was now turning into excitement. All thanks to Kennedy and her faith in me, I felt empowered and good enough to raise someone to be better than the both of us.

Sometimes, it would just hit me that I'm going to have a baby, a little person that was the perfect mixture of myself and the love of my life. I'm going to have a life that depends on me, aside from my extended family.

"The baby is fine," Her voice was a little quiet so I knew something was wrong. "Ken?" I said her name when I heard her sniffling, "What's wrong, talk to me."

"Nothing is wrong, I just miss you so much and I hate this, I hate being away from you...especially right now." I could tell she was pouting just from her tone. Immediately, I felt bad, but I knew, at the moment, there was nothing I could do about it.

"I hate being away from you too ma but as soon as you're done with your business, I'll be waiting on the tarmac for you." I said and I could tell she was smiling. "I don't care if either of us gotta fly out the next day, whatever free time we have, we're gonna spend it together."