Chapter Six

Aubrey "Drake" Graham.

I stepped out of the Black 2015 Escalade first, letting her grab ahold of my hand to get out.

I had reservations set up for us at The View NYC, it was one if the most beautiful rooftop restaurants that I had ever been to. I figured this would be a great place to go, so I had to rent the whole place out.

We finally made it to the rooftop and got seated. I sat across from her and admired her beauty while she looked at me. Her hair and outfit were a different taste from the first time I saw her, but she was still beautiful as hell.

The waiter walked up before we could both exchange words. "Good evening, may I start you two off with drinks and appetizers"?

"Can we have The Hawaiin Tuna and Crab Cakes, I'll have Dom Pérignon on the rocks please".

"And I'll have Pineapple Caipirinha Martini, extra pineapples please".

The waiter assured us that our drinks and appetizers would be out soon, but left us glasses of water for the wait.

"How did you know that I'd like seafood"? I looked at her and gave a slight smile, "If you didn't I'm pretty sure you would've let me know, right"?

"Maybe.. maybe not".

"I think you would've... So tell me about yourself Nicki".

"What you wanna know, you gotta be specific when you're talking to me. I don't like to read minds". I liked her personality already, I could tell that she was going to be interesting. "I want to know everything about you, or what ever you'd like to tell me".

"Well, I was originally born in Trinidad but I moved to New York when I was seven years old, and I was raised in Queens. I have a older and younger brother, my older brother was also born in Trinidad. My real name is actually Kennedy Maraj, and I'm a well know Hair Stylist and Salon Owner here in New York".

Before I could respond, the waiter brought the drinks and appetizers over. She sat them between the two of us and asked if we're ready for dinner.

"I'll have the Center Cut Beef Filet, please make sure it's well done". The waiter turned to Nicki and waited for her answer "I'll have the Griddled breast of chicken".

After the waiter had grabbed the menus and walked away, we began our conversation again. "If your name is Kennedy, why did you tell me that your name was Nicki"?

"My middle name is Onika, everyone calls me Nicki except my mother. It was just a nick name my father gave me, and I've used it my whole life".

"Is it okay if I called you Kennedy? I don't want to be like everyone else".
I was being honest, I wanted to be different than everyone else in her life.

"That's fine with me, but tell me about yourself. I would like to know who you really are, and not what the media paints you to be".

"Well my real name is actually Aubrey, just like you I'm known by my middle name". She gave a slight chuckle, "I know that much about you".

"Oh really, you actually know that I'm a rapper named Drake. It didn't seem like it when I first approached you".

"That's because I wasn't amazed, I look at you as an average man. Any other girl would've been ready to give it all up to you, but fame and money doesn't excite me. I can afford to take care of myself and you're not the first famous person I've met".

That let me know that she was being honest. I liked that she didn't see me for what I appeared to be, that made me want her even more. "So are you saying that you're not a fan of my music, or you're just not fascinated by the sight of me?"

She ran her tongue across her lips before she spoke. "I know a few of your songs from the radio and I've seen you in the media, but I'm not a die hard fan". When she spoke I knew she meant it. She was so beautiful and she knew she was.

I got up from my seat and grabbed her hand. "Come walk with me, I want to talk to you".

She looked a little confused, but she got up anyways. We walked over to the other side of the rooftop, looking at the view of the city. "There's somethings that you're not telling me, I can tell you've been hurt before. It shows in your eyes and I can see it".

She looked up at me and she knew I was being honest. "You can talk to me Kennedy, I'll listen". Before she could even speak, tears started running down her face. "It's- It's just so much to say, and so much pain. I've always had a troubled life, and at one point I thought I was happy and it all crumbled. I don't want to go into detail, but you're right. I've had my fair share of hurt and pain, but most of it wasn't fair at all".

I pulled her into a hug, but she didn't pull away. I let her cry and let out all of the tears she was holding in.

When she finally got done, she pulled away and turned her back towards me."I'm so so sorry, I don't even know you like that and I'm crying all over your shirt and shit".

I smiled at the fact that she was more worried about the fact that she cried on a shirt that could easily be replaced. "It's okay, you obviously needed to let that shit out". She turned back around facing me "Thank you for being understanding, I just hit a rough spot and a lot has been going on".

We ended up going back to the table and enjoying rest of our night. She cracked a few jokes and I made her smile a few times. She didn't really get into deep details about her personal life, but I knew that there was more to her.

We talked about her salon, and she told me about how she wanted to expand her business nationally and maybe even globally. I told her about my job and my label. She asked about my life back in Toronto, and even joked about my Degrassi days.

We never had a dull moment throughout the entire conversation, and I appreciated that. Most women would only be concerned with fucking, but she wanted to know who I really was. That was a hard thing to find in this industry, finding someone who really wanted to know about you.

The driver drove us back to her condo, and I walked her up to her door. She looked at me like she wasn't ready to leave me, but I knew she wasn't the type do the one night stand thing.

"I actually enjoyed my night Aubrey, not quite what I expected".

"Is that a good thing or bad thing"?

She shrugged her shoulders, "Let's just say that I'm happy I went on the date. It sort of took my mind away from my real issues".

We spoke a few more words, and she even let me kiss her on the cheek. It was unexpected, but she accepted it.

We parted ways but I knew that she would be stuck in my head forever. She just had that everlasting impression that anyone could love.