Chapter Twenty Nine

Aubrey "Drake" Graham.

"Dennis the Great", I smiled as my father walked into the private-room of the luxury restaurant, as if he was the celebrity himself. He was rocking an Asian-cultured outfit that he'd recently got while in China, along with an OVO logo chain that I'd bought him a few Christmases ago.

"Drake, my man", he pulled me into a hug before sitting in his seat across from me.

"What brings you out here man, I was gone come to Memphis when-" He nodded his head, "Whenever you got the time? Right, I know".

"I'm serious, I'm just in between New York and Atlanta right now". He glanced down at the menu, "New Project"? I nodded my head, "Yeah man, a collab tape with Future".

"The last one did great, so this one will probably do even better. I'm proud of you man, real proud". I nodded my head, sitting the menu down.

"What's up, you look stressed out". I shook my head, "Nothing, I'm fine".

"Come on now, I'm still your dad. Is it the young lady you told me about? The hairstylist, right"?
I nodded my head, "Kennedy". He nodded head, "How are things with you two? Still on the rocks"?

I shrugged, "I don't even know right now, so much has been going on. One minute we're in love and everything is all good, then we're telling each other to shut the fuck up and expressing how much we hate eachother". He shrugged, "That's apart of being in a relationship, it's what you sign up for. Everything isn't going to be happy and peachy".

I understood what he was saying, but there was a part of me that didn't want to agree.

"You've had your fair share of other women, right"? I nodded my head, "While you were in the relationship with her"?

"Yeah, there were a couple, maybe a few". He nodded his head, "How did she take it"? I paused for a second, while a bartender sat two shots of Patron in front of us.

"When she found out, she saw shit on the Internet. She was fresh out of a relationship and I was still in my player stage, a relationship just evolved from our dope ass connection. I was basically fucking with Bernice and Serena publicly, while she was in New York chilling. I was taking vacations with them, hurting her without realizing. I went to visit her and she took it hard, real hard".

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
FLASHBACK

"I love you too much to let go," Kennedy heard him say as his lips left open-mouthed kisses along her neck, just behind her ear. Her own lips curled into a smile, but she quickly pulled away to look him in his eyes. "Do you believe me when I say I'm sorry"?

Kennedy paused, her smile faltered a little bit, then she reached her hand up and ran her slender fingers through his curls. "It's so hard not to believe you, I don't think I want to but I just do". She kissed his lips reassuringly which he wasted no time in deepening. He loved the feeling of her soft lips against his, the always sweet flavor of her mouth, the way her hands always pulled him just a little bit closer.

Kennedy pulled away from the kiss momentarily and pulled down the hem of her maroon slip dress, causing his eyes to follow every movement. "Why do I feel like there's a 'but' coming?" Drake asked her, not taking his eyes off of her silky thighs. He reached for her hand and she pulled it away and backed away from him, leaving him standing near the front door of her condo.

"Because there is." She answered simply and ran her hand through her own curls. She'd trimmed her hair last week, up to her shoulders and he liked it. He could see more of her beautiful face, and her hair no longer hid those dimples he loved, or her collarbone he'd always kiss.