Chapter Eleven

"You know you should just tell her Nicki, she'll be understanding". I looked at her with wide eyes, "She's going to fucking kill me, there's no understanding. How am I suppose to tell my mother that her sixteen year old daughter is pregnant"?

Tete rubbed my back, as I laid across her bed. "I told Aaron, but he said wasn't ready for a baby and it probably wasn't his anyways". Candy listened, but I could tell she was getting upset. "I told you he wasn't shit from the beginning, I hate his ugly ass now".

After a long talk with Candy and Tete, I was now walking in the house. I knew I had to tell my mother before things worsened, but I didn't know how.

Walking past my drunk father, who was knocked out on the couch, my little brother Caiah was playing with his toys. "Nicki", he called out while running towards me. He hugged my legs, making me smile. "Hi baby, sister missed you all day long". He hugged my legs tighter, "Mommy is really mad, I don't know why". I nodded my head, figuring my dad might've done something.

After he let me go, I walked into my bedroom. My mother was sitting on my bed with a pregnancy test box in her hand, and my trash can was dumped out over my floor. "Mommy what are you doing"? She looked at me, shaking her head.

"How could you Kenny? Please tell me this isn't yours, please". I automatically started crying as guilt filled my body. "You are sixteen years old Kennedy, you cannot raise a baby on your own. I cannot afford to take care of another child, I just can't".

"Mommy I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. I didn't plan this, I'm sorry". She stood up and walked over to me, grabbing my face. "I thought I was raising a young woman who was honest, why couldn't you tell me. We could've prevented this Kenny, you should've told me".

She wiped the tears from my face, "Ma I didn't know how. I don't know what to do, I can't do this on my own".

After days of crying about the situation, I had no choice but to abort my child. I cried all the way to the clinic and all the way back, but I thought it was the right thing to do.

.....

"What are you thinking about"? I turned my head from the sky, looking at Aubrey. I shook my head, "Nothing much". He smiled, "You're a puzzle with so many missing pieces".

"I know there's a lot to me, but I don't think I have that many missing pieces". He raised his eyebrows, "Well why can't I know your story, I'll tell you mine". I smiled, "Okay, tell me about Aubrey".

"Born and raised in Toronto, Canada, but you knew that already. Mom was a school teacher and Dad was a singer/song-writer in a band with some old cats. When I was young, I thought I had the great life. My parents were married, I had a great family honestly. By the time I was six, all of that shit disappeared. My dad cheated on my mom, and that situation ended up in a divorce. He moved back to Memphis, and our relationship grew distant from that".

He laid his head in my lap, while I rubbed his beard. "He wasn't paying child support, so he was restricted from entering Canada. Mom had lost her job, and bills were getting heavy on her. I started acting , and got the role as Jimmy".

I laughed, thinking about the episodes of Degrassi. "I ain't really have the tough life, but I did go through shit. When I dropped out of school and decided to pursue a rap career, my mom was against it. My girl at the time didn't even believe in me, that's the worst part".

"I bet she believed in you once the money came". He nodded his head, "That's the funny part, the people you love the most won't believe in you until it's too late. Now I have all of these cars, millions, and properties, but no one to share it with. I've had my fair share of woman, but every man deserves one woman to have forever".