Chapter Sixteen

Still findin' myself, let alone a soulmate, I'm just sayin'
Feel like we one and the same, our relationship changed
That or it never existed
Whenever they say somethin' bout us, you listen
But fuck what they talkin' about on your timeline
That's cuttin' all into my time with you
Fuck what they talkin' about on your timeline
That's cuttin' all into my time with you

••

Aubrey "Drake" Graham.

She didn't even realize what this shit meant to me, what she meant to me. Okay, I'll admit that I've fucked around with a few bitches here and there. My actions shouldn't represent my love for her, but she doesn't get that. She telling me that I changed, but she hits below the belt where it hurts the most.

"No, I mean it Aubrey! You're just like your father and I hate that about you. I hate you." Her voice held so much conviction that he felt like he had been slapped in the face. So, without another word, he turned around, grabbed his jacket and left, not even giving her another look.

I told her about the most hurtful experience in my life, seeing my father mistreat my mother which caused their divorce. She takes that, and compares me to him. How the fuck do she think that makes me feel? She's been ignoring me for a whole month, but posts pictures on Instagram in short dresses and high heels for other niggas to see.

I'll admit that I turn to other bitches to occupy my time, but they'll never amount to Kennedy. Since the day I saw her at 1OAK, I knew she had to be mine. I don't give a fuck if five years went by, I would still love her.

I don't think she realized how much I actually did. If she was any other girl, I would've moved on. Constantly texting and calling, but being ignored. Sending flowers and gifts, but getting them sent back. She even tried to wire back the money I gave her for the company. Kennedy was like that one flower blossom that could never die.

Now here in New York, she finally decided to respond. Not even answering my phone call, but responding to a text. It meant a lot to me, just knowing that she agreed to let me take her out. I did plan on taking her out, spending hundreds on a dinner and alcohol. That shit was overrated though, I wanted to change up my flow.

I left the guys at the hotel, and booked a personal suite for us. Built in kitchen, so I could make dinner for her myself. Yes, Aubrey 'Drake' Graham was a good one in the kitchen. Didn't really have time to cook, but I was planning to go all out for tonight.

I stepped out of the Suburban and walked down the pathway to Kennedy's front door. I rung the door bell and waited for a few minutes, which was probably purposely planned. Before I could pull out my phone to call, her White Benz pulled into the driveway. She got out and looked at me, without saying a word.

She looked beautiful, her skin glowed like I'd never seen before. She wore a very short dress, ending right below her ass. Her hair was down to her butt, which was probably extensions since she'd trimmed it a month ago.

She stepped onto the porch, pulling out her keys. "Move out the way". Without saying a word, I stepped back and allowed her to open the door. "I'll be a few minutes, I need to freshen up". I attempted to step into her house, but she stopped me before I could. "You can go to your truck, I'll be down when I'm ready. It's 8:00pm, and I told you don't be late".

Once again, I let her have her way. I said nothing, and just turned around to walk to the truck. She was putting on this facade, as if she didn't miss me. I could see it in her eyes, she barely made eye contact with me. Deep down inside, I missed her more. I hope she knew without me saying it, since she'd stopped believing in my words.