Chapter Fourty Three

Aubrey "Drake" Graham

Things between Ken and I were moving on a steady pace as we tried to at least establish a solid friendship again. AJ seemed to grow more and more as the days passed while Kennedy slowly found her way back into the shop. Her mother was still going to be here for a week or so, although my mother left a few days ago. She insisted that she could stay a little longer, but Kennedy convinced everyone that we were getting the hang of things and could now take care of AJ on our own. It wasn't as hard as I'd originally imagined it to be, but it still wasn't easy.

Of course, AJ lived with Kennedy and I'd go over nearly everyday to help out with whatever she needed. I would sometimes stay with him if she decided to leave the house, but that wasn't something that happened too frequently.

Jason and Kylie were there too, but they often found themselves hanging out somewhere around LA later in the days instead of being stuck in the house because of our parenting conditions. I didn't mind it though, not much at all. I felt that being around Kennedy alone allowed us time to figure out what we wanted to do, even though I felt like we would both be announcing the decision to go our complete separate ways soon.

I wasn't too deep in her business, but I did notice changes in Kennedy's ways. It wasn't on no creep shit, but as someone who takes time in analyzing the people around me, I can notice changes in everything she does. I notice her isolation when her phone rings, but it's only when one person calls. I haven't wondered to ask who it was yet, but a certain part of me feels like it's another man.

I also notice the things that she wears, especially when she goes to check on the shop. I'm not saying that I want her to be depressed or anything about her body after the baby, but her outfits have gotten a little too sexy sexier

Even with all of that, I haven't found myself tripping or even becoming a little bit angry. I've been finding myself and figuring out exactly what I wanted to do, and I've somewhat came up with a conclusion. I'm willing to let Kennedy move on if that's what she wants.

As long as we can come to a co-parenting agreement that works for the both of us, I'll leave us behind with no problem. I met someone who I actually seem to like. She's no Kennedy, but she's a good person.

I knew her for a few years through a few of our mutual friends, but I never looked at her in that way. She recently came around a few months ago and been around since then. It's still nothing too serious, but she's someone I enjoy being around.

She knows about my situation with Kennedy and understands that we have to take things slow, so I appreciate that. Whenever I'm not with AJ, I'm probably with her. We keeping things on the low for now, or until I at least come to a complete understanding with Kennedy.

At first, I was so stuck on being with Kennedy and trying to give AJ the happy family neither of us ever had. I had to realize that we probably weren't going to work it out, and that's okay.

I'm not saying that the love is completely gone, but it's just not pure anymore. It's okay to fall out of love sometimes, it's perfectly fine. When you become aware of how toxic things can become, you only begin to wish for the best. So that means going our separate ways, i'm willing to allow that to happen.

••

Just as I was getting ready to leave Kennedy's house for the day, AJ woke up from his nap crying. I sat my jacket back down and headed towards his nursery, but Kennedy had already beat me there. She was dressed up as if she was going out, but she hadn't mentioned it earlier.

Jason and Kylie had left about two hours ago and Kennedy said nothing about leaving the house tonight, so I was a little confused. When she saw me walk into the room, she seem a little confused. I did tell her I was leaving about fifteen minutes ago, but I'd gotten caught up in my phone and the cries of my son also stalled me.