Chapter Twenty-Five (Part 1)

Kennedy Onika "Nicki" Maraj

Aubrey's snores were the tell-tale sign that he was asleep. He wasn't a loud snorer, but for some reason, sleep couldn't come to me.

My mind kept thinking back to the life that was growing inside of me and I just had this nagging feeling about it. I knew I had to tell him, but I was too scared. I kept telling myself Kennedy, he's not them, he's nothing like them. Some bitch did the same shit to him that was done to you. Some bitch didn't want to keep the life they had created. He wouldn't do that to you. And even though my heart believed that, my brain refused to.

In addition to that, our relationship was going well at the moment. We overcame some major obstacles and I feel like a pregnancy will throw him off. He's releasing an album soon, I'm looking to expand my business. I had fucking plans and a baby was nowhere near those plans, but a slight part of my heart wanted this.

Of course I would love my child, our child, accident or not. I just hated not being in control, not knowing what was going to happen next. Never in a million years did I think I'd let my grown ass get in the same old predicament I'd been in before.

Yawning, I sat up in bed, being careful not to wake him and looked over at the clock. It was just after one in the morning and I was surprised that Drake was already sleeping, seeing as he was a night person.

Getting out of the bed, I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and quietly walked out of my bedroom and went to the kitchen. After taking a seat at the island, I called Drake's mom and prayed she would pick up. She was the only person that could help me.

"What's wrong angel?" Was the first thing she said as soon as she picked up, causing me to burst into tears. "Kennedy, baby, are you okay?" The one thing I loved about this woman was that she loved me as much, if not more than her own son.

"Yeah ma, I'm fine, I just...I needed someone to talk to." I said to her and I could practically see her sitting up in her bed and turning her lamp on. "Oh, okay. How are you?" She asked me and I wiped my tears with the back of my hand.

"Mom, I need you to tell me what to do." My bottom lip trembled as I spoke. "Kennedy, as long as I've known you, you've never needed anybody to tell you what to do." She told me, causing me to smile. "But tell me what's wrong."

"I-I..." The words couldn't come out. Since I had told Kylie, I hadn't spoke the words since.

I remember her exact reaction, "Bitch, you're pregnant?! By Drake?" Her eyes went wide and she snatched the test out of my hands. I was halfway distraught and halfway disgusted that she would just grab something that had been between my legs.

"No, I'm fucking pregnant by Jason!" I glared at her. "Kylie tell me what to do!" I said to her and suddenly she burst into tears, and then a fit of laughter. "This has got to be some fucking huge cosmic joke." I bumped past her and started pacing her bedroom.

"I'm sorry babe," She came and sat next to me. "It's not funny, I just...my man is cheating on me and you're pregnant by your man who just got some act right. Our karma fucking sucks. Did we kill someone together or something?" She asked me and I fought the urge to slap her.

"Kylie this isn't a game, I'm fucking pregnant!" I yelled at her and it was like it finally hit her. Her eyes went wide and then they dropped down to the test in her hand and she bit her lip.

"What are we gonna do?" She asked me and I had to smile. "We?" I asked her.

"Yeah Nic, we. You're my sister you know?" She shrugged. "Listen," Kylie's eyes lit up, "how about we keep this a secret until we figure it out and for now, we can fuck up Marcus's shit and eat a whole gallon of ice cream."

I had to laugh at her crazy ass and I nodded, "Sounds like a plan...but we have to call Jason too."

"Definitely." Kylie said as she reached for her phone and called the only man that understood the both of us.

"I'm pregnant." I finally whispered and looked behind me to make sure Drake wasn't creeping around, looking for me. I heard Sandi gasp on the other end of the line and then she smacked her lips before the line went silent, then I heard her voice. "I see." Was all she said.

"I'm scared. We're not ready for a baby. We were barely ready when we jumped into a relationship," I told her. "We just barely managed to make it this far and everything is going so well right now. This wasn't part of our plan," I ran my hand through my hair. "I wanted to do it right, I wanted to get married first." I said and she sighed. "And after everything I went through with my first pregnancy, I can't go through that again."

"Your first pregnancy?" She asked and I gulped before answering. "I was young and dumb and I wasn't ready so I..." I trailed off and she cut me off. "I understand, you don't have to explain sweetie. But let me tell you, I can't get in the middle of this Kennedy. Aubrey is going to be upset if he hears it from someone other than you so you have to tell him. The longer you wait, the worse his reaction is going to be." she said and I nodded.

"He may be happy about it," She continued. "It's his fault just as well as it is yours but it happened for a reason. I am absolutely floored that I will be a grandmother at such a young age," Sandi joked and I had to laugh. Just like her son, she knew how to make me smile. "But just like your first pregnancy almost killed you, the same thing almost killed him."

"I know, I'm going to tell him. I'm not going to wait too long, I just needed to know that everything was going to be okay."

"I promise it is." Sandi reassured me. "Get some rest sweetie." She said with a yawn.

"I will," I too yawned and we soon ended our phone call. Unfortunately, she didn't make me feel any better than I felt before and I was still just as lost with this whole thing.

Walking back upstairs, I climbed into my bed with Drake and cuddled up under him. I felt him kiss my forehead and I looked up at him. "How long have you been up?" He asked me and I shrugged, not wanting to answer, knowing I'd never gone to sleep and if I opened my mouth, it would be a lie.

"How long have you been up?" I asked him and he smiled. "Just a couple of minutes. I was about to come looking for you." I'm so glad you didn't.

"You'll never have to come looking for me, I'll never leave you." I lifted my head to kiss him. I felt him squeeze my ass and I rolled my eyes at him. "Aubrey stop playing," I whined and he kissed his teeth.

"Girl, I ain't seen your fine ass and three weeks, you gonna play me like that fo'real?" He asked me and I grinned. This is exactly how we got in this predicament. My sprung ass can't ever tell him no.
Same way I couldn't tell him I was carrying his child, though I needed to.

•••••

Of course, written by fyesdrizzy 

Comment & Vote