Chapter Four

Kennedy Onika "Nicki" Maraj.

I didn't know what to wear, it's just too much to choose from. I was sitting in the middle of my closet becoming frustrated from all of the clothes that I had.

It was 8:30pm and I was getting ready to go to the party Monica  invited me to.

I was basically forced to go alone, since Tete had to work and Candy claimed she wasn't feeling well.

Tete was a student in a nursing program , while Candy was a manager at a downturn boutique. Candy was married to her high school sweetheart named Raymond. They had been together for so long, and blessed me with my god daughter named Kelise. Tete had no kids, but she always took care of her nieces and nephews.

It's funny because she was the one that said she'd never have kids, and it was still true.

I looked over to my right and saw a shirt that I'd recently bought from Neiman Marcus.

It was a Red and Blue Striped Crop Top. I picked it up, automatically knowing that I wanted to wear it. "What the hell do I have that'll match"? I said out loud, but was actually thinking to myself.

After a few minutes of thinking, I'd finally found a outfit that I thought was worthy of the event. I had chosen a pair of White High Waisted pants to go along with the shirt. I had a pair of Nude Christian Louboutin Pumps, and I had a Red Chanel Purse to match.

I took a thirty minute shower, letting the hot water mostly run over my body. When I got out, I rubbed my body with Amber Romance from Victoria Secret and dressed in my chosen outfit. I had put my hair in a quick Kanekelon Pony-Tail earlier, and it still looked fresh. After I was fully dressed and pleased with appearance, I left out and started the thirty minute drive to 1OAK.

It was a well known club in New York, mostly attended by celebrities when they came into town. I didn't know who exactly would be at Monica's party, but I knew she would have a few celebrities there.

------

I checked my car in with valet and walked up to the front door. The line was extremely long, but I was aware that my name was at the top the guest list.I walked past the line and straight to the front, where I was greeted by two guards that quickly asked for my name.

"It's Kennedy, Kennedy Maraj".

Monica's assistant emailed me letting me know that i'll be listed under my real name since it was was more formal. If there were any problems I could simply show my ID.

Once one of the guards checked the list, he nodded at me and opened the door. "You've got V.I.P access, just walk straight to back and give them your name". I followed the instructions I was given, but I didn't need to give my name again because Monica was standing right by the ropes. She assured the security that I was welcomed and they happily lifted the velvet ropes.

As soon as I entered, she pulled me into a tight hug. "Hey Nicki, haven't seen you in a while babe". I hugged her back, and admired her beauty.

She rocked an All White outfit and a Fire-Red bob with Fire-Red lipstick. She was so beautiful to be a mother of three, and a hardworking legend for over twenty years.

"Thanks for inviting me Monica, I could really use this. I haven't had the chance to get out much". She flashed her pearly whites, "So glad I could help with that. Everything is open for you to have, all drinks and food are free". After about an hour the V.I.P section grew with many different faces. Some were familiar celebrities, and some seemed to be regular groupies. I was chilling on the sofa, sipping my second glass of Peach Ciroc.