Chapter Thirty Four

I just want to begin with an apology for my lack of consistency over the summer. As an author, it is my responsibility to stay dedicated to my project and I've lacked greatly. With traveling to different countries and enjoying summer, I took a small break from writing. Now that my semester is beginning again very soon and I'm entering my senior year of school (as a FULL-TIME IB STUDENT), I find it easier to balance writing as an hobby once I'm already working. Once again, I apologize and I hope you guys enjoy.

Also, August 15th was actually my 1 year celebration of writing this story. I'm so proud of myself for coming this far, starting from a simple idea on a boring summer day. I feel like I have ONE of the best Dricki stories of Wattpad right, and I would personally like to thank everyone for the support throughout the year. ❤️
••••••••••••••

Aubrey and I walked side by side into one of his favorite restaurants, The Cheesecake Factory, as his security guard escorted us to our table.

It had been about a week since the Bernice situation, and I've been trying to avoid it in anyway possible. Disregarding our past situations, I was willing to trust Aubrey with this as a man but I just felt so disrespected. How could that bitch come into my shop, knowing damn well she fucked around with my man. It was all about respect, and she showed none. If I was Kennedy from five years ago, I would've hunted that bitch down and beat her like the hoe she was.

Growing as a woman and beginning my journey as a mother has really changed my view point on a lot of things, especially these women coming after my man. I was now a business woman , and a soon-to-be mother and wife. I had more important things to focus on, especially the health of my child.

As we got comfortable into our seats, the waiter greeted us with menus and fresh glasses of ice water. "I'll give you two a minute to place your order", the waiter said as she left the table.

I was pretty sure that Aubrey would get what he always ordered, which was the Steak Diane and a slice of Original Cheesecake. I wasn't the biggest fan of this restaurant, nor was I in the mood for a heavy meal, so I was planning on getting a salad.

"You ready for tomorrow"?

I shrugged, "I'm actually excited, I just want everything to be perfect". He placed his hand over mine, rubbing it with his thumb. "It will, I promise".

After waiting for a minute, the waiter returned and we placed our orders. I sipped on my my water as he typed on his phone. "Who were you texting"?
He placed his phone down, looking at me. "Oliver, why"? I shook my head, "No reason, just asking".

I noticed that he tried to change the subject, "Why did you only order a salad? You don't want any cheesecake"?

"No, the baby isn't that hungry tonight".

After a short conversation about miscellaneous things, the food eventually came and we began to enjoy our meal. As I picked through my salad, Aubrey had ordered his slice of cheesecake.

"I'm going to go to the restroom real quick, I'll be back". I nodded my head, as he got up and walked away from the table. I noticed that he'd left his phone on the table, and I contemplated on picking it up and going through his messages.

Trust was an issue, but I thought I was over what we'd been through. Fuck no, you trust him Onika. Fuck yeah, he shouldn't have anything to hide.