Chapter Thirty

Kennedy Onika "Nicki" Maraj

When I pulled up to my house, I halfway expected him to be waiting inside for me but he wasn't. He was standing outside his car, in the driveway despite the chilliness of the weather. The November, New York weather was probably nothing for a Toronto boy; it was like spring to him.

He walked over to my car and opened the door for me before I got the chance to and took my purse for me. "Why didn't you let yourself in?" I asked him and he shrugged. I couldn't help but notice how handsome he was. He had on all black with the exception of the gold accents on his black OVO Jordans and his chain. His hair appeared to be freshly cut but I couldn't remember a time when it didn't, and his beard was my weakness. Especially the way it felt between my--  "I didn't want you to come in there wildin' on me. You crazy enough without the pregnancy hormones." Drake said while also interrupting my thoughts.

"Wise." Was all I offered before stopping at the door to unlock it. After setting the alarm, I got my purse from him and sat it on the table near the door and turned to face him. I didn't know what to say, how to start the conversation and I guess, neither did he. Before I could even find the words to say to him, to tell him how much he hurt me, to tell him how much I hated him in that moment, he did something that made me forget that I was even mad at him. He dropped to his knees, lifted my sweater and kissed my bare stomach. "I love you, both of you and I would give my last breath, my last dime, my last all for you."

Every word I wanted to yell at him, every fuck you, every I hate you vanished in that moment and my heart felt full with emotions I didn't even understand. "I love you too." I told him before I could stop myself.

He stood and pulled me into his arms and I cried. I didn't know why I was crying, I just was. "Shh Ken, we're going to get through this. This isn't something that's supposed to tear us apart, it's supposed to pull us even closer together." He rubbed my back. "I'm sorry for everything I said, I never meant to hurt you like that ma, I promised I'd never hurt you and I broke that promise again." He paused and placed his hands on either sides of my face and pulled back to look at me. "I have to make this right with you. I don't blame you for the shit you said to me. I deserved it."

"I'm sorry too," I felt my bottom lip quivering and he smiled and wiped my tears away. "Don't apologize to me, I really did deserve that shit. I overreacted, I was scared and I just wanted somebody to blame. In the end, I proved you right on why you didn't come to me about it. No matter how scared you are, please come to me Kennedy. I don't care what it is, just come to me."

"I should have, if I did none of this would've never happened." I sniffled and he shook his head.

"Still, I fucked up blowing up on you like that." I felt him smooth his hands over my hair. "It'll never happen again. I promise."

I placed my hands on his face, placing kisses onto his soft lips. "I don't want you to ever feel like I'm them Aubrey, I love you more than I could ever explain. I promise you that I would never intentionally hurt you". He nodded his head, "I know Ken, it was just an unexpected situation. I spoke before I could think, and my mouth got me in a fucked up situation".

I smiled, rubbing his check with my thumb. "You lucky I wasn't in a fighting mood, you were very close to catching this fade bro".

He laughed, "Hood ass Kennedy". I shook my head, smiling. "Kennedy is my business side, Onika or Nicki is my hood side".

•••••

I laid in the bed, next to Aubrey, wearing nothing but an underwear set from Victoria's Secret. He'd decided to lay in bed and watch Sports Center, while I enjoyed a nice hot shower before we talked. He watched me as I got into bed, taking his chains off to lay them on the night stand.

"You can ask me anything Aubrey". I turned the television down, while he looked at me with a confused face. "You look like you have something to say, talk to me love". I laid back, resting my head on his chest. "I was just thinking about us, how are our living situations gonna be now? We can't raise a child in different states Ken".

I bit on my lip, silently analyzing my thoughts. "That's a hard decision Aubrey, the only choices we really have is California or New York. Toronto seems reasonable because your mom is there, but I would have to go through the process of becoming a Canadian resident. I would be leaving everything behind, and you spend most of your time in the states anyway. California is nice, but I'll be alone".

"I could introduce you to some of my friends, you know like the wives and mothers and all that other shit".

I rolled my eyes, "Like who? Kim Kardashan"? He shrugged his shoulders, "Her and Kourtney are great friends of mine, Kev and his girl have a family, and it's plenty more".

I shrugged, "Its just the fact that I won't have anybody that I consider family. Business wise, California is a nice place but I know they're going to be nights when I just want a mother's perspective, and both of our moms will be miles away..

"We're grown Ken, you'll be 28 in less than two weeks. We gotta do what's best for us, and I think California is the most reasonable. You can have your brother run the shop here , and you can expand to LA. Whatever you want, I'll make it happen".

He paused for a minute, "If you do choose Cali, both of our mothers could come out to help here and there. At least for the first couple of months, while you get used to being a mom".

I sighed, "I'll think about it Aubrey, it's a lot".

He placed his hand on my belly, rubbing it in a circular motion. "Make your decision quick, I need to know where my little man is going to live". My left eyebrow rose, "I hope it's a girl, I really want to have a daughter. Wouldn't it be cute to have another Kennedy".

He shook his head, "I wouldn't find that cute. Two of you, that's going to be the death of me". I laughed, "Well... Whatever we have, let's just be thankful".

He nodded his head, "When is your next appointment? Have you been taking care of yourself Ken, you know how you can get with eating"?

"December 7th, the day before my birthday. And yes Papa Aubrey, I drink plenty of water and eat a little healthier day-by-day. This baby is kicking my ass though, the morning sickness is terrible".

He smiled, "My mom said she had horrible morning sickness with me, I think it just might be a boy" I playfully slapped his cheek, "Stop jinxing"!

We laughed for a bit and then there was an awkward silence.

"I talked to my dad, he wants to meet you". I smiled, "He's here"? He nodded his head, "He was here yesterday, but no one knows his next move. He could be here now, and in France tomorrow".

I chuckled, thinking about all of the pictures Aubrey showed me of his dad one day. You could tell that was definitely his father, he was a fair combination between his mother and father.

"Your dad is in Trinidad, right"? I nodded my head, "Yes".

"You talk to him"? I shook my head, "Not since my 25th birthday, there's still so many built up emotions between us".

He kissed my forehead, "I'm probably not the best to take advice from, but you should reach out to him. Thanksgiving is tomorrow, your birthday is coming up, and you're expecting...maybe you can turn over a new leaf with him. I felt so much better when I just forgave my dad instead of holding grudges, you know"?

I nodded my head, "I'll think about it Aubrey, I'll think about everything"...

Of course, written by fyesdrizzy

Comment & Vote