Chapter Eighteen

Aubrey "Drake" Graham.

I watched Kennedy as she looked out of the window, soaking up the view of Toronto. I placed my hand on top of hers, squeezing it tightly. "Why are you being so distant"? She turned away from the window, looking  at me. "I know Nicki from Queens isn't scared to meet my mom, don't tell me she's scared".

She smiled, nudging my shoulder. "I'm not scared, but I am a little nervous. I haven't met anyone's mother in ten years, this shit is a little fearful. What if she doesn't like me Aubrey"? I shook my head, "That's the least of your worries, trust me. The only thing you should be worried about is fitting into that dress after eating this food. Not to brag, but my mother has a little habit of overcooking".

She pulled her shades closer to her face, taking a deep sigh. "I have a major hangover, it's 9 o'clock in the morning, and I have on a jogging suit with gym shoes. I look like I'm about to have a fight, not meet your mother". I laughed, rubbing my thumb across her hand, "Relax. My mother is a very understanding woman, she will never judge you. How can she when Drake's her son"?

She let her head rest against the seat, allowing me to run my fingers through her hair. "She lives in a house"? I shook my head, "I tried to get her the big house, but she insisted on an apartment. It's just her, so she likes it just fine".

In no time, we arrived at the privately owned apartments and stopped at the gate. I put in the code and while we waited for them to open, I noticed Kennedy looking at herself in the mirror on the sun visor. "Baby you look fine, stop worrying." I said to her but she just looked at me and kept on messing with her hair.

I ended up parking in the garage and taking the elevator up to her floor because it was easier and less populated. Shortly after, we got to apartment 1024 and I smiled when Kennedy rolled her eyes, "How conceited of you." I heard her say as I stuck my key in the lock, "What was that?" I asked her, daring her to repeat herself. "Nothin'."

•••••

Kennedy Onika "Nicki" Maraj.

He thinks he's cute, trying to scare me but really, my stomach was in knots. Usually his words would calm me but I'm meeting his mother and from my understanding, no one ever got to meet his mother. I was already feeling really self conscious about what I had on but he made me feel a little more comfortable because he was in jeans and a t-shirt.

All too soon he opened the door and the smell of bacon immediately hit me as we walked inside. The floors were made of white marble and looked like they had just been shined. I watched Drake lock the door and set the alarm before grabbing my hand and pulling me with him.

"Aubrey is that you?" I heard his mother ask from the kitchen and Drake squeezed my hand in an effort to comfort me. "Yeah it's me ma!" He yelled and turned to me. "You're gonna be fine Ken," He took my face into his hands and placed a quick kiss on my lips.

"Happy birthday baby boy!" His mother came out of nowhere and I couldn't help but smile as he pulled her into a huge bearhug. She was tiny and he looked exactly like her. "Ma, I told you it's Drake. Been telling you that since I could talk."

"Oh hush," She kissed his cheek and then it happened, she turned to me and smiled. Lord give me the strength. I looked over at Drake and he gave me an encouraging nod. "And hello dear, you must be Kennedy," She didn't hesitate in pulling me into a hug. "Aubrey has told me so much about you. You are absolutely stunning," She kept her arms on my shoulders and pulled away a little to look at me. "And dressed so comfy. My type of girl." She kissed my cheek and I blushed. I guess he was right about her loving me. Sandi put a little distance between us and looked at Aubrey and I. "Alright, go on upstairs and wash up and breakfast will be ready when you two come back down."