Chapter 43

Chapter 43

Baby Face's point of view

Yeah, we did like Fat Tony asked and shot Jeff. I doubt his mother would recognize him after what we did. And for good measure, yeah, we kidnapped his girl too. I'm thinking ransom heh heh.

I walked to see how she was doing. That chloroform we used on her is strong stuff, so I was surprised when I saw her and she was awake and looking around.

"Who are you, you jerk?" She asked angrily.

"Allow me to introduce myself--"

"No."

She had spunk. I liked her.

"Why did you kidnap me?" She asked. "No, it doesn't matter. My sister Lindsey was kidnapped and her boyfriend rescued her. Jeff will come for me."

"Jeff is dead."

She stared at me. Tears were in her eyes. "No..."

I shrugged. "It's the truth, babe. Maybe you need to move on with a new man, huh?" I was kind of hoping she'd say yes. She was very pretty, if you know what I mean. She spat at me.

"Why... Why would you do that to Jeff?"

"Because he was a witness to a crime committed by a friend of mine years ago. That guy, Jeff, has a memory, let me tell you."

She shook her head. "I don't believe this. Jeff isn't dead. I saw him in the hospital."

I clenched my fists but didn't say anything. Let her think he's dead while I check this out. "We killed him again after that." Nice cover, Baby Face. Now, let's finish him off, and Fat Tony doesn't need to know. Then, we'll get some random out of this pretty lady, too. I've seen Whose Line. You can't be that funny and not be worth something. I left with an evil grin on my face.