Chapter 42

Chapter 42

Tiffany's point of view

After the Whose Line guys and my sisters and I went out to dinner, I stopped by the hospital to check on Jeff. He was conscious (thankfully! Unlike last time!) and we talked for a while. He said that the painkillers they gave him made it so that he wasn't in pain (he had been shot in the leg). He wouldn't talk about who had shot him, only that he didn't want me to get hurt.

I said, "Jeff, I could never be hurt while you're here."

He just held my hand and looked like he was going to cry.

When the doctor came back, I told Jeff that I was going to go home for the night. I would call him in the morning and my sisters and the Whose Line guys would visit him for breakfast. Jeff smiled when I said that and so I kissed him on the face and said goodnight.

I was driving home when I saw a truck following me. I squinted in the rear view mirror and saw that it was the same truck that had hit Jeff and me.

Don't panic, I said. It's probably just a coincidence.

Then I stopped at a red light and some guys got out.

I wanted to get away, but the light was still red. Turn green, turn green... Yes! They were green!

But before I could drive away, my window smashed. I brushed glass from my dress, and when I turned to see what had happened, a man reached a hand in and put a rag on my face. I smelled chemicals and then... I went unconscious.

"Jeff," I said. "Find me..."