Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Tiffany's point of view

I had never seen Greg so upset before. He was sobbing when he found Jeff and me.

"What's wrong?" Jeff and I asked at the same time.

"It's... L... L... Lindsey," he said.

"What's wrong with her?"

"She's gone. We... we... we were supposed to go on a d... d... date and she didn't come down. I think... I think something horrible has happened to her." Greg buried his head in his hands.

Jeff and I looked at each other. Lindsey loved Greg, so there was definitely no way she was standing him up. Which meant...

"You get Chelsey, I'll find Ashley," I said to Jeff. He squeezed my hand, then we both left.

Greg wasn't in the living room when we came back up to the penthouse.

"Greg?" I asked, then I saw the open window. "Oh, no..."

"He's in here!" Chelsey shouted. We all ran into Lindsey's room, where Greg was curled up on her bed.

"It smells like her perfume," said Greg, holding a pillow up to his nose. We all looked at him sympathetically.

"We'll find her," Jeff promised. "Let's call the cops."

Ashley took out her cellphone and dialed the number and then put us on speakerphone so we could all listen.

"Hello?" said the 911 lady.

"Hi, my sister is missing."

"I'm sorry, you have to wait a day," said the lady sadly.

"Please," Ashley said. "She's dating Greg Proops."

"Okay, since this is a high profile case we can help." We all cheered. "Where was she last seen?"

"In the elevator," I said. "Jeff and I watched her leave. She was wearing a pink dress, she looked gorge."

Greg began to cry louder. Chelsey patted his shoulder.

"We'll send someone right away," said the 911 lady. "Until then, we'll need you to describe her to our artist over the phone so we can make a missing person poster."

"I'll do that," said Ashley. "Chelsey, you call Ryan for moral support. Tiffany, I want you to stay with Greg."

I nodded. Chelsey took out her phone to call Ryan. "Don't you want Colin for moral support, too?" I asked, sitting down beside Greg and hugging him (like a friend).

I saw Ashley blush when I asked her that, but she shook her head. "Right now I just need to help the police find Lindsey."

I turned to everybody. "Okay, group hug, and then Operation Find Lindsey is under way."