Chapter 18

Chapter 18

(A/N Thank you to all of our readers--reading your comments and seeing your votes is what keeps us writing--stay perky and let us know what you think in the comments!)

Lindsey's point of view

I woke up with a splitting headache. I was lying on a floor and it was cold. Darkness was all around me.

"Are you awake?" a cruel voice asked.

"Yes." I said.

"I suppose you would like to know why you're here?"

"Yes."

"Do you know who I am?" The woman turned on a light and I saw her face for the first time. I gasped.

"You're Jennifer Canaga."

"Yes, I am." She began to pace. "I love Greg Proops."

"He has a restraining order against you. I read it in the paper. You've been stalking him for years."

She laughed evilly. "He's been taking too long to see things my way. But I was so close to winning him over, I know it." She stomped her foot. "So close, until you showed up and stole his heart from me."

I tried to get up, but she turned suddenly and kicked me in the side. I bit my tongue so I didn't cry out in pain. Okay, girl, be strong. Be strong for Greg.

"He'll never love you," I said. "Never ever ever ever ever." As I said this she began to scream.

"Lies! You'll see what happens once you've been gone for a while." She ran out of the room and slammed the door, leaving me in the dark. I fell unconscious from the pain in my side.