Chapter 35

Chapter 35

Tiffany's point of view

I try to focus on the movie, but seeing Jeff still unconscious forces me to not watch the movie. He's still gorgeous, even when he's asleep, but I wish he were awake. I manage to keep it together during Legally Blonde, but when we watch Sleeping Beauty  I've had enough.

"Jeff B. Davis."

Everyone turns to look at me. Ashley's handful of popcorn is halfway to her mouth, and the skittles Lindsey had been tossing at Greg bounce off of his face onto the floor.

"Jeff B. Davis, you better wake up."

"Tiffany..." Chelsey begins, but I shoot her a 'don't mess with me' look.

The movie is playing in the background, I can hear cars in the street below. But I don't really hear them. All I hear is the beeping of his heart monitor, even, steady, not changing speed.

"Jeff, I love you," I whisper. "But I can't live like this. Waiting on you to wake up. So wake up now."

His dark hair is messy from the pillow, and I reach over and straighten it.

"Seriously, Jeff, you think I'm joking? You think I find it funny that you're in a coma and I'm stuck out here with a broken arm and a leg that's also broken? You think it's funny?"

I hear someone get up and then Lindsey is hugging me. Ashley and Chesley follow, and then Colin, Greg, and Ryan too. Even Ryan, who doesn't even remember me, is showing me compassion and kindness. Chelsey is lucky to have him, even if he doesn't remember her either. Not yet, at least.

"Jeff, please..." I begin to cry. The prince on the tv screen is running through the castle. I know what I have to do.

"Jeff." I stand up, I push by all the people hugging me.

"Jeff, this is it. Your last chance. If you don't wake up now, it's over. I'm breaking up with you."

And then I wait.

Jeff's point of view

I can hear Tiff, but I can't say anything to her. I want to tell her how much I love her, but I can't. And it's breaking my heart. Then I hear, "Jeff, this is it. Your last chance. If you don't wake up now, it's over. I'm breaking up with you."

And the thought of losing her is like a shadow that falls over my heart.

So I wake up.

The first thing I see is the prince kissing Sleeping Beauty, and then I see Tiff, my beautiful Tiff, standing over me. Then she's kissing me too.